Frustrating Thomsons

Contacted Thomson re my cruise and stay to Jamaica next January , was looking to change hotel from Grand Bahia to the Sensatori Hotel - thats no problem , i then enquired about booking one of their Deluxe swim-up rooms seeing as its our 25th Wedding Anniversary , however the only way we can upgrade to this room is by upgrading to a deluxe cabin on our cruise (adding another 4 figure amount to the cost of the holiday !!)

When i said this made no sense and what was the reasoning behind it , all they could tell me was it's the way the system is set-up - really sounds like a way for them to fleece more money from me , disappointed :mad:

Contacted Thomson re my cruise and stay to Jamaica next January , was looking to change hotel from Grand Bahia to the Sensatori Hotel - thats no problem , i then enquired about booking one of their Deluxe swim-up rooms seeing as its our 25th Wedding Anniversary , however the only way we can upgrade to this room is by upgrading to a deluxe cabin on our cruise (adding another 4 figure amount to the cost of the holiday !!)

When i said this made no sense and what was the reasoning behind it , all they could tell me was it's the way the system is set-up - really sounds like a way for them to fleece more money from me , disappointed :mad:

Oh that is really bad. Wonder whether a direct contact to the hotel for an upgrade and pay them the difference might be a way forward? Hope you can get something sorted - you want to enjoy your anniversary without feeling you've been manipulated into paying more than you need. Good luck!