Con-Air steamer

Somewhere on this board someone mentioned that using a con-air steamer to de-wrinkle clothing worked wonderful.

I saw one at Target but it was quite large. Does anyone know if there are various sizes or just the one?

I have one that is a Conair, it is about the size of a large shoebox. It packs up nicely, only cost $30, and I am telling you, since I bought it, I can't imagine how I lived without it! I got mine at Wal-Mart, the box was deceptively large, it wasn't as big as I thought it would be, and it says it is "portable". Yes, it is a little bulky, but I would gladly give up packing room for 2 or 3 extra pairs of shoes in order to make sure I brought it! And if you know me, (which you don't) but believe me that is saying A LOT!!!!!;)

Shannon

I also got my latest steamer at WalMart in the luggage department and/or the small appliance section. It was only $10.00 - $12.00? and quite small, (7 and 1/2 inches), plus very easy to pack because it comes apart for filling.

I have used a steamer for all of my cruises and this one is just as good as any I have had in the past.

I believe there is a thread about steamers there and the Oreck hand steamer that has gotten great reviews and under $20.

Dawn

Thanks Dawn for the info. I found it quite helpful.

Sandra

I just got back from Wal Mart, and I was in the suitcase area and saw a teeny tiny garment steamer for about $20. Well, after contributing to this thread before, I decided to buy it, try it, and if I didn't like it, I would take it back.

i tried it, and I LIKED IT! It is by Travelwise, has a carrying case and dual voltage, a brush attachment, and is about the size of a wallet. I am so glad I found it, now I won't have to leave any shoes behind!! lol:D

~Shannon~

I've used a Virella MicroJet steamer for years. No metal parts to heat up, and the handle swivels so it's very compact. I think I bought it from QVC. It's the kind you press the "steamshot" button, not the kind with continuous steam, if that is important to you.

Archived