Host Andy's Update From Eclipse 4/5/14 Sailing

Andy

Hello from Belfast, Northern Ireland! Thank you for taking the time out of your well earned cruise to post.

Hope your sister is progressing well.

We will be on Eclipse for the 3rd time on 7th June to the Baltic. We will be in the same cabin (1503) for the 3rd time as well. It will feel like a second home as the Eclipse is by far our favourite ship. If you get the chance, can you swing by the Ice Bar some evening and see if Putu is still there? If so, say hello from George and Colleen and tell him we will be making him work hard in June! Another few martini flights! After all, we are Irish!

Thanks and enjoy!

Hi reilly1,

I had a very nice chat with Putu today. I can see why he's so well liked. Putu said he will be onboard Eclipse until July 5th, then probably headed to Reflection sometime in September.

Hope this is helpful !

Ok Andy on a lighter note

Rumors has it that there is a shortage of limes

Mrs. Has got to have her limes :eek:

No shortage of limes on this sailing :)

Hello from Belfast, Northern Ireland! Thank you for taking the time out of your well earned cruise to post.

Hope your sister is progressing well.

We will be on Eclipse for the 3rd time on 7th June to the Baltic. We will be in the same cabin (1503) for the 3rd time as well. It will feel like a second home as the Eclipse is by far our favourite ship. If you get the chance, can you swing by the Ice Bar some evening and see if Putu is still there? If so, say hello from George and Colleen and tell him we will be making him work hard in June! Another few martini flights! After all, we are Irish!

Also, will Perry Grant still be on our sailing?

Thanks and enjoy!

Hi Reilly1,

Sorry to report that Perry is not expected to be onboard for your sailing (June 7th). As of now, that's when his brief vacation is expected to begin. Perry is expected to visit Equinox from July 19 - August 12th. Perry is expected to return to Eclipse in late August or early September. I will try to obtain an exact return date.

Please keep in mind that all schedules are subject to change. I hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Everyone,

We've just completed another wonderful day & evening on Eclipse. We are awaiting await our return to Port Everglades, which will be Eclipse's final visit, (barring any schedule changes) for the next 2 years, as she will be sailing from Miami. Not that we are eager to depart this beautiful ship, but all great things must come to an end.

We had a wonderful dinner at Tuscan Grille last night. I plan to share details, along with some "final thoughts" on our cruise, later this weekend. I also plan to post several new photos on Twitter, so please check them out @HostAndy .

I hope you enjoyed my updates. Farewell from Eclipse !

Hi Everyone,

We've just completed another wonderful day & evening on Eclipse. We are awaiting await our return to Port Everglades, which will be Eclipse's final visit, (barring any schedule changes) for the next 2 years, as she will be sailing from Miami. Not that we are eager to depart this beautiful ship, but all great things must come to an end.

We had a wonderful dinner at Tuscan Grille last night. I plan to share details, along with some "final thoughts" on our cruise, later this weekend. I also plan to post several new photos on Twitter, so please check them out @HostAndy .

I hope you enjoyed my updates. Farewell from Eclipse !

Welcome back Host Andy!! Good to know that you had a great cruise and your sister is healthy. Looking forward to your report.:)

Hi Andy,

so happy to hear the great news about your sister. It is a frightening experience to go through.

Welcome home and hope ypu and your Mother are well rested. We loved the Eclispe, but The Reflection is our favorite for now

Linda

Hi Reilly1,

Sorry to report that Perry is not expected to be onboard for your sailing (June 7th). As of now, that's when his brief vacation is expected to begin. Perry is expected to visit Equinox from July 19 - August 12th. Perry is expected to return to Eclipse in late August or early September. I will try to obtain an exact return date.

Please keep in mind that all schedules are subject to change. I hope this is helpful !

Darn. We will be on Equinox 6/28 & 7/5 sailings.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app - My next cruise - Equinox - B2B 6/2014

Hi Reilly1,

Perry's website shows him back on the Eclipse from 15th August to 18th Jan 2015.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Tuscan Grille Review (4/17/14)

------------------------------------

On the 2nd to last night of our sailing, we dined at Tuscan Grille, to Celebrate My Aunt & Uncle's 35th Wedding Anniversary.

We arrived at Tuscan at 6:30 pm, and were seated at a lovely table for 4, near the windows. One of the many wonderful features of Tuscan, are the aft windows, which offers a fantastic sunset view. Restaurant Manager Krazzimir was very personable and friendly, as was our waitress and assistant. I appreciated their extensive knowledge of the menu, and eagerness to please.

We started with the always wonderful antipasto. It's a great way to begin a meal. For the appetizer course, most everyone ordered the Crab Cake. I went with the Steak Tartare. I also ordered a braised beef ravioli for the table to share. All appetizers were excellent. The Steak Tartare was a highlight of the meal, and was as great as ever !

For the Soup and Salad course, My Aunt & Uncle ordered the Minestrone soup. They mentioned it being a bit spicy for their taste, which was surprising, as I've had it on several occasions - and do not recall it as spicy. Mom & I ordered the Caesar Salad, which was prepared tableside, and was wonderful. For our Main course, My Mom and Aunt had the Scallop & Shrimp. This evening, it was served en brochette, over mashed potatoes. I believe this is a recent menu change, as we all recalled it being served over pasta, as opposed to the en brochette preparation. Mom requested the scallops be omitted, with shrimp only. Not a problem ! They both enjoyed the entree, but commented they greatly preferred the way Celebrity served it in the past.

My Uncle ordered the Toscana Rib Eye, and said it was prepared perfectly, and was delicious. I ordered the Filet Mignon. It was served at the perfect Medium Rare temperature, and the taste was outstanding. Quite large for a Filet as well ! I ordered a few sides for the table to share. We had the spinach, mac and cheese, and a side portion of the Lobster pasta, (which is usually served as a main course) but Celebrity graciously served it during the main course. A small negative : One of my all time favorite side dishes, was Celebrity's mac & cheese. Over the years, I looked forward to it, whenever we dined at Tuscan ! At some point last year, Celebrity changed the recipe. While it was ok, it's nowhere near as good as in the past. I truly wish Celebrity would revert to their original recipe. Not that big of a deal, as most everything served, was outstanding.

For dessert, we had a very special treat ! As mentioned earlier, we were celebrating Aunt & Uncle's 35th wedding anniversary, and I wanted to make the evening memorable for them. The previous evening, I asked our MDR section Maitre 'd if they would arrange an anniversary cake for them. Celebrity came through, and served a very nice (and delicious) chocolate cake. The Restaurant Manager and staff sang "Happy Anniversary", and it was handled beautifully. Special thanks to Restaurant Manager Krazzimir, and his outstanding & cheerful staff, for an absolutely wonderful & memorable evening.

On a final note, I've posted several Tuscan Grille photos on Twitter, for your enjoyment. For those in the Twitterverse, my handle is @HostAndy. I hope you will follow me, and enjoyed my Tuscan Grille review !

Edited by Host Andy