What to do BEFORE I cruise? TIPS?

Okay, here I go!! Big countdown. We leave next Sunday for our cruise! So super excited!

Its been a couple of years since we cruised so please help me remember those last minute important things I might forget???? Or Tips of things to do on The Magic!

Excited! :)

I always double and triple check that we have our Passports, Credit Cards, Cash cell phones and chargers. No matter how well you pack, as long as you have these items you can replace anything that gets lost or forgotten!

Don't forget to call your credit card companies to notify them that you may be charging from other countries so they can note it on your account. Don't forget to buy sunscreen and make sure you have plenty of any prescription medications to cover the time of your trip plus extra days (just in case). Don't forget chargers for any electronics including cell phones. I usually have a check list of all those things that I go over before the suitcases go into the car. Again - your boarding documents, passports, birth certificates and photo ID's are the most important things.

Along the lines of bluemoon12's post above, build your own little first-aid kit to handle common stuff such as sunburn, paper cuts, scrapes, hangnails, headache, upset stomach, mild cold, etc. A few doses of Immodium can be worth their weight in gold!

Also - check you local liquor prices for brands you might be tempted to buy on board. The ships strive to make you think their liquor is a super huge bargain. It isn't always; all depends on your local prices. Tough to comparison shop once you're aboard.

Remember you'll probably have one power outlet. A 3-way plug saves a lot of fuss.

i always bring a night light or two... inexpensive ones, so in case i forget to take them home. but the cabins can be dark at night, and being in an unfamiliar room can be difficult in the dark. and highlighters for the Capers, or what is called now... dollar bills for room service tips.

Don't forget to have the Post Office hold your mail. And the newspaper if you get one.

No no no.

Worst thing you can do

Entrust a friend or neighbor to bring in your mail and newspaper.

I know you are going to say ....."I never had a problem" and that would be wonderful, but this is one of the top reasons homes get robbed.

i always bring a night light or two... inexpensive ones, so in case i forget to take them home. but the cabins can be dark at night, and being in an unfamiliar room can be difficult in the dark. and highlighters for the Capers, or what is called now... dollar bills for room service tips.

Reading along. Thank you for the reminder about the dollar bills! We're heading to Euro land and I forgot I'd need some USD. Thanks again.

To the OP, have a wonderful vacation!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Forums mobile app

Not everyone has a mailbox sitting in front of their house...I always have the Post Office hold my mail. We have locked banks of mailboxes in our Florida community that are only accessible with a key.

Same here we must have p.o hold our mail

Post-it note goes on the windshield of the car. We remove it when someone IN THE CAR holds up the passports, drivers licenses, and diabetes meds. The note says "roll top desk"

"Three buddies head to the big game. They drive an hour, pay $20 to park in a packed lot 4 blocks away, and join the crowd outside the stadium gates. One says 'man, I really could use a beer', the second 'I'm starving. I need a burger', the third 'wish I had my roll-top desk'

'What? Why the heck do you need your roll-top desk?' "It's where I left the tickets..."

i always bring a night light or two... inexpensive ones, so in case i forget to take them home. but the cabins can be dark at night

We leave the bathroom light on with the door closed. Enough light leaks under the door to get us to and from safely.

We also bring a small flashlight just in case. :D

We leave the bathroom light on with the door closed. Enough light leaks under the door to get us to and from safely.

We leave the TV on to the channel with the camera at the bow of the ship, lets off enough light to get to the bathroom and back, and then when we wake up we can instantly tell if its morning or night!

Edited by lmarie83
spelling!

Post-it note goes on the windshield of the car. We remove it when someone IN THE CAR holds up the passports, drivers licenses, and diabetes meds. The note says "roll top desk"

"Three buddies head to the big game. They drive an hour, pay $20 to park in a packed lot 4 blocks away, and join the crowd outside the stadium gates. One says 'man, I really could use a beer', the second 'I'm starving. I need a burger', the third 'wish I had my roll-top desk'

'What? Why the heck do you need your roll-top desk?' "It's where I left the tickets..."

LOL...years ago my brother in law told the same story except it was a piano instead of a roll-top desk. I'm usually the holder of the tickets/documents on our ventures and I'm forever being asked of I have the piano. :)

Oooh, flashlight! Good idea. Putting that on my list.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Forums mobile app

Now that is a great idea! It is really dark in those cabins, esp. interiors.