Question about payments on Carnival cruises?

Joliving4Jesus

I just recently got off a Royal Caribbean cruise after sailing with Carnival the 3 times before, we're going back to Carnival next year but with Royal we put down our deposit and were able to pay a little towards the balance as often as we would like, I ended up booking well in advance and paid $200 toward it each month, made it so much easier, does Carnival offer this as well? I remember we just paid our Carnival cruises up front but after having my twins last year and having to pay for 2 more people we want to do payments, just not sure if we're able to on Carnival, does anyone know?

Well I figured you could make some payments but I know some places make you make a certain amount towards the payment where I knew Royal allowed you to pay $5 or $500, whatever you wanted, that's more of what I was asking, I didn't know if Carnival may make you pay a minimum amount or if you can choose the amount and how often you want to pay.

Love being able to make payments! Plus, Carnival's promotion of $50 deposit per person and final payment date 30 days before sail date, great deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh, that sounds like a great promotion, is that something going on right now? I was only seeing the $250 per person deposit for a 7 day cruise and the rest due 2.5 months in advance.

Well I figured you could make some payments but I know some places make you make a certain amount towards the payment where I knew Royal allowed you to pay $5 or $500, whatever you wanted, that's more of what I was asking, I didn't know if Carnival may make you pay a minimum amount or if you can choose the amount and how often you want to pay.

There is no set amount.

You can make payments in whatever amount you wish.

Carnival doesn't care, just as long as it's paid off by the due date.

I just made a $30 payment towards a family cruise I am going on in August so I would think any amount is okay :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Oh, that sounds like a great promotion, is that something going on right now? I was only seeing the $250 per person deposit for a 7 day cruise and the rest due 2.5 months in advance.

I am currently booked on the Kids Free special, $200 deposit (2 adults, 2 children) and my final payment date is May 2nd (cruise leaves June 1st). This sale worked out perfect for us and is $248 cheaper than the other sale I switched from. But fine print reads only for sailings May 1, 2014 - August 28, 2014. Just browse around on the Carnival site and see what works out for you. Or you could always call Carnival and have a representative break it down for you. Specials run ALL the time. Something better could pop up in a couple weeks! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Saltz

I have to be careful, though, when clicking on the payment option. Once I accidentally clicked "pay in full" when I didn't mean to!!

Also, I notice that after making a payment, I get an automatic message that says what the balance remaining is....due THAT SAME DAY!! :eek:

I have to be careful, though, when clicking on the payment option. Once I accidentally clicked "pay in full" when I didn't mean to!!

Also, I notice that after making a payment, I get an automatic message that says what the balance remaining is....due THAT SAME DAY!! :eek:

I'm not sure why they do that, but it's not.....don't worry about it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by nursepixie

I accidentally hit the pay in full option ( well it was the default, very slick carnival :-() on my first Carnival cruise. I called on the phone right away and informed them of the mistake and they fixed it so only the down payment was charged. As I remember it took a few days but then it was ok.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why they do that, but it's not.....don't worry about it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's just funny. I know when the balance due is: April 24!! I know, I know Carnival! I know! :rolleyes:

It's in my calendar and they send me URGENT emails all the time..it's like, I know...I know! (I've paid all but $500 of my Alaska total...it's been a real killer!) :o

If you pay your cruise in full at the time of booking, ( 7 nights on Liberty) do you get it all back if you cancel before final payment would have been due :confused:?

Depends on what you booked under: i.e. early saver, past guest, whatever special....

I had a change of heart with my stateroom...but not the actual sailing. They told me I'd get my deposit back less $50/person ($600 from the original $700) but I wouldn't be allowed to rebook the same sailing. :eek:

I've since just accepted my early commitment and am going with the flow.

Call Carnival. Your penalties are really going to depend on how you booked.

I did this also with my debit card, and after calling Carnival to let them know of the mistake, I had the funds back in my account on the fourth business day. I'm glad I had all the bills and other stuff paid for the month already.

I did this also with my debit card, and after calling Carnival to let them know of the mistake, I had the funds back in my account on the fourth business day. I'm glad I had all the bills and other stuff paid for the month already.

Yeah...that would suck otherwise. There's no better feeling than making the final payment, but ALL at once just downright hurts!