Safe beach excursion for a solo.... reserve via ship or private???

rene194215

I have been to Cozumel 3 times and have done excursions each time. As this is a solo cruise I want to relax. So I am looking for a safe, inexpensive beach excursion. I just want to lay out, swim and relax. I have been to Punta Sur and also have been to Chankanaab a couple times. I am looking for something new and like I said safe and hopefully inexpensive...

Thoughts and ideas??

Thank you!!!!

Check out Nachi Cocom! There is a thread here with reviews and on another well known travel review site. Cost $55 & you have to make a reservation as they max out at 100 per day, but from the numerous reviews I have read, it's well worth it. So much so that I recently reserved my spot in June!

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

Coz in general is safe for tourists, but it woudl not hurt - and could help you to save on cab fare, if you teamed up with others from your roll call.

Cheapest option is likely a short $9-10 cab ride (for up to 4 in the cab) to the Money Bar -- good food/drinks/service and great snorkeling from the shore; no real beach (hence the good snorkeling - you enter the water via steps) but there is a sandy area for sunning and relaxing.

Paradise Beach is a large and popular beach club with great facilities and a huge pool plus a nice beach - cab will run about $17 (again for up to 4 in the cab) + tip, and chair rental is $3 -- they ask that you spend at least $10 on food drinks which will not be hard to do (a beer and nachos will do it) and again the food/drinks/service are good. It can get crowded if you insist on a chair near the pool or oceanfront - farther away or farther back will thin out the crowds considerably.

I agree that Nachi is great and a good value if you will be there all day, but with cab fare of $17 each way and the $55 admission is not exactly cheap. It's your call!

Good luck! :)

Playa Palancar is pay as you go, no charge to use the beach. Reasonable prices on food and drink. Not much else to do there except lounge beside the sea and maybe get a massage. It has never been crowded the 7 previous times we've been there. Will be going for #8 in June.

about-as-crowded-as-it.jpg.b35177107b9085500c529fe4d1adc03f.jpg

the-beach-at-playa-palancar.jpg.83a8b660f59cb23e2d52d118c8c21443.jpg

Playa Palancar is pay as you go, no charge to use the beach. Reasonable prices on food and drink. Not much else to do there except lounge beside the sea and maybe get a massage. It has never been crowded the 7 previous times we've been there. Will be going for #8 in June.

How much of a Taxi would this be?

As someone else mentioned to get with roll call members, but the one for this cruise is very tired. As in there have only been a few posts and most mine. I am used to a more active roll call.

I am concered that taxi fare will be crazy if it is just me. It may be possible that for Cozumel I may have to do a ship excursion.

Ohhh yeah.... there are 3 ships and almost 9500 people!!!!

Edited by rene194215

• 4 weeks later...

Hello-

So I am going to put this out there, as I have slowed down in planning,

I have been reading more and more about Nachi Cocom. I think I will reserve my spot for the first leg of my trip. A few questions...

1. Taxi- If I have to go myself, it would be 20 one way? My roll call is non existent. May change but not too sure. Will they take 1 person just one way? Or will they possibly take a few people that may not necessarily be going to the same place..

2. Drinks... my favorite is a Malibu Bay breeze... coconut rum, cranberry and pineapple. Would that be something that could be served??

Ok thanks!!

Hello-

So I am going to put this out there, as I have slowed down in planning,

I have been reading more and more about Nachi Cocom. I think I will reserve my spot for the first leg of my trip. A few questions...

1. Taxi- If I have to go myself, it would be 20 one way? My roll call is non existent. May change but not too sure. Will they take 1 person just one way? Or will they possibly take a few people that may not necessarily be going to the same place.. Taxi to Nachi is $16-17+tip each way, depending upon which pier you are at. If you have no luck with your roll call it would not hurt to speak up in the taxi line to see if others are heading there who could share a ride.

2. Drinks... my favorite is a Malibu Bay breeze... coconut rum, cranberry and pineapple. Would that be something that could be served?? Sit at the swim-up bar and explain to the bartender what you want - a printed recipe may help. If the first 2-3 are not quite right keep trying until you are happy or fall off the bar stool. :o

Ok thanks!!

Good luck - we love Nachi!

Yes I've split a cab with random people in the taxi line in Cozumel before. But if you don't feel like that then they will certainly take you by yourself at full fare. I've never known them to stop anywhere else along the route unless you ask them to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much of a Taxi would this be?

As someone else mentioned to get with roll call members, but the one for this cruise is very tired. As in there have only been a few posts and most mine. I am used to a more active roll call.

I am concered that taxi fare will be crazy if it is just me. It may be possible that for Cozumel I may have to do a ship excursion.

Ohhh yeah.... there are 3 ships and almost 9500 people!!!!

Just an FYI, 3 ships is a light day in Cozumel. Normal cruise days have 4-6 ships in and many times up to 8 or 9.

Or will they possibly take a few people that may not necessarily be going to the same place..

Taxi's in Cozumel work like taxi's in the US. They don't wait to "load up". They'll take just you if you are a party of 1.