Recent national news

RuthlessBoss

But why is it that when something happens to other cruise lines, they report it once or twice, then let it die. With Carnival, they keep hashing it over and over.

It does seem that way, I agree. The Disney thing has been repeated, but then again, the homeport is nearby.

But why is it that when something happens to other cruise lines, they report it once or twice, then let it die. With Carnival, they keep hashing it over and over.

For some reason many news outlets dont like Carnival so think it is their dty to trash them as often as possible.

I don't wish the negative things to be on cruise ships, but what a relief to hear reports on the 2 other cruiselines and the focus not being about Carnival:)

I'm confused. Isn't Princess a Carnival Corp line?

I'm confused. Isn't Princess a Carnival Corp line?

It is, but it's Carnival in particular that usually takes a shelackin' in the media. Whatever happens on a Carnival ship is repeated over and over. For example, I have no idea what happened with Disney cruiseline. Haven't heard a thing about it.

It is, but it's Carnival in particular that usually takes a shelackin' in the media. Whatever happens on a Carnival ship is repeated over and over. For example, I have no idea what happened with Disney cruiseline. Haven't heard a thing about it.

A Disney Cruise Line employee was arrested yesterday for allegedly molesting a 13 year old girl while in port at Port Canaveral.

I'm not even aware of A Disney issue. What is it?

But where there's smoke, there's fire. Seems everyone just wishes the last two years of incidents on Carnival would go away, but it doesn't erase them. And it's not always the incidents. It's how the incident is handled. Even Carnival Corp has stated they screwed up, and those seeds continue to bear fruit.

The really crazy thing to me about the Princess ship story is that on CNN.com and on my local newswebsite (via the AP newstory), they have a picture of a Carnival Ship!! I mean seriously why in the world would they use a picture of a Carnival ship for a story that has absolutely nothing to do with Carnival Cruise Line??

That would be like doing a story about Burger King with a pictures of the Golden Arches! lol

The really crazy thing to me about the Princess ship story is that on CNN.com and on my local newswebsite (via the AP newstory), they have a picture of a Carnival Ship!! I mean seriously why in the world would they use a picture of a Carnival ship for a story that has absolutely nothing to do with Carnival Cruise Line??

That would be like doing a story about Burger King with a pictures of the Golden Arches! lol

Before you started cruising, did you or any of us have the ability to ID a cruise line by a shape, a smokestack, or in the distance. Perhaps they just googled " cruise ship", and slapped it in. Why a picture is needed at all is up to them to reveal.

Could be an intern. Could be on purpose. Who knows. But it didn't change the story, at lease to me. I was able to read PRINCESS, and drew the conclusion it was a Princess issue. My mind also grabbed Captain Stubing and Julie McCoy. How long has that show been off the air?

Before you started cruising, did you or any of us have the ability to ID a cruise line by a shape, a smokestack, or in the distance. Perhaps they just googled " cruise ship", and slapped it in. Why a picture is needed at all is up to them to reveal.

Could be an intern. Could be on purpose. Who knows. But it didn't change the story, at lease to me. I was able to read PRINCESS, and drew the conclusion it was a Princess issue. My mind also grabbed Captain Stubing and Julie McCoy. How long has that show been off the air?

I'm pretty sure the image is the Triumph. They probably didn't want to pay any royalties to get a new stock image, so they recycled.

I'm pretty sure the image is the Triumph. They probably didn't want to pay any royalties to get a new stock image, so they recycled.

It probably is. But the avg viewer wouldn't know that. They might not even know it's a Carnival ship. Sounds silly, but can certainly be true.

But I only THINK that's the Triumph because of the lawsuit story. I never really looked at it. Used to be easy.

And then that picture may even be from a year ago, and was also reused.

Edited by TPFKAH