FAX number on Eclipse?

cle-guy

I'm doing the TA in a week, and leaving today for a week in Denver prior.

I just listed my house for sale, so realtors will be showing the heck out of it while I'm away.

If they get a deal, is there a number they can FAX me on the ship, I'm leary to rely 100% on internet and emailing of the documents due to the spotty and often slow and unreliable connectivity (I will get some internet with CC perks, and also will have the AT&T cruise ship plan on my phone as well).

Just wonder if a fax is available as a backup and if so, how do I get the number?

I'm doing the TA in a week, and leaving today for a week in Denver prior.

I just listed my house for sale, so realtors will be showing the heck out of it while I'm away.

If they get a deal, is there a number they can FAX me on the ship, I'm leary to rely 100% on internet and emailing of the documents due to the spotty and often slow and unreliable connectivity (I will get some internet with CC perks, and also will have the AT&T cruise ship plan on my phone as well).

Just wonder if a fax is available as a backup and if so, how do I get the number?

Faxing to a ship is nearly impossible and certainly not the number of pages a real estate offer would encompass. It ties up non-emergency ship communications if it works at all not to mention it is expensive. I have read anywhere in the neighborhood of $12-15 per page! :eek:

Use internet when in port and acrobat now has an electronic signature that can be used and emailed right back. Your other option is to find a business center when in port and have it faxed there. For the rest of the TA just make sure your agents know that you are unavailable or have limited availability during the at sea portion of the trip.

Edited by Clydesmom7865

Boy, do I feel your pain! We left for our last cruise, just as a house we were selling went into escrow! :eek: We had a great realtor and escrow agent, who understood that we would be out of phone/internet range for the better part of two weeks -- and wouldn't have access to office services (fax/copier) for the entire time. We got a lot of the forms signed, notarized (where necessary) and sent, before we left on our cruise. Then, we just checked in, whenever we were in a port with phone service. Being Elite, we also used our free internet minutes to touch base, while at sea -- but, we specifically instructed our realtor not to send any docs, via our "at sea" e-mail!

One thing I didn't think of (but you might try) is contacting the Captain's Club, to see if they can give you info about any "business services" onboard. They might be able to come up with a FAX number, or some other options, for you. Worst case scenario, find a good (reputable) business service on the other side of "the pond" that you can get to, as soon as you dock. Good luck, and let us know how things work out, for you!