wine package

i am soon to go on independence of the seas and my booking includes a wine package , after discussing this with her who must be obeyed we have decided to take a drinks package....will I be able to bring my wine package (5 bottles) home with me

i am soon to go on independence of the seas and my booking includes a wine package , after discussing this with her who must be obeyed we have decided to take a drinks package....will I be able to bring my wine package (5 bottles) home with me

I would cancel the wine package. You can go online and cancel it.

I don't know the answer to your question, but when we got the wine package, they would not give us a bottle unopened. We were welcome to take the bottle wherever we liked on the ship, but it had to be opened first. Toward the end of the cruise, we took two bottles: one to the room and another to dinner. (We usually started the evening in the wine bar before dinner).

So, if the rule we were given is applied, IF you could take them off the ship (I have no idea if this is true), they would be opened bottles. Probably not the best way to travel with wine.

I don't know the answer to your question, but when we got the wine package, they would not give us a bottle unopened. We were welcome to take the bottle wherever we liked on the ship, but it had to be opened first. Toward the end of the cruise, we took two bottles: one to the room and another to dinner. (We usually started the evening in the wine bar before dinner).

So, if the rule we were given is applied, IF you could take them off the ship (I have no idea if this is true), they would be opened bottles. Probably not the best way to travel with wine.

thanks for this answer....really helps

On a 2012 Freedom of the Seas cruise, we had 4 bottles left on the last night (don't ask!). They gave us 4 bottles off the list, unopened, and a cardboard carrier to take it home.

Your mileage may, and probably will, vary.

On a 2012 Freedom of the Seas cruise, we had 4 bottles left on the last night (don't ask!). They gave us 4 bottles off the list, unopened, and a cardboard carrier to take it home.

Your mileage may, and probably will, vary.

thanks jim

I e mailed RC and I received a reply which stated you can have all five bottle delivered to your room.....and take them all home if you do not open them..

I always take a bottle opener with me !!

I e mailed RC and I received a reply which stated you can have all five bottle delivered to your room.....and take them all home if you do not open them..

I always take a bottle opener with me !!

thank you that's great....could you be kind enough to post the e-mail address for me......thanks again

We've also had leftover bottles from our Wine & Dine package. We had no problem getting unopened bottles from the dining room to bring back to our cabin, either for consumption there or to bring home. I've still got a sealed bottle in my refrigerator from my last cruise, in fact.

I know that this wouldn't apply to you, but as a caveat to US travelers sailing on US-based cruises who are reading this thread, having five bottles to bring back home would be over the limit of how much alcohol you're allowed to bring back with you duty-free. This page lists the limit as 1 liter per person traveling from the same household (each bottle of wine is 750 ml). The excess quantity would be subject to duty.

thank you that's great....could you be kind enough to post the e-mail address for me......thanks again

I would cancel it as you can take 2 bottles on with you for your room. We could only get wine by the glass in the drinks package and would have to purchase a bottle if we wanted. Which was pointless

Please see e mail address below, also the e mail they sent to me

JCowley@rccl.com

09/08/2013

Dear Peter,

Further to your email, yes you can collect the 5 bottles from the main dining room , all at once or one at a time as you so wish and drink them on board or take them home

Please see e mail address below, also the e mail they sent to me

JCowley@rccl.com

09/08/2013

Dear Peter,

Further to your email, yes you can collect the 5 bottles from the main dining room , all at once or one at a time as you so wish and drink them on board or take them home

thank you

Seem to vary, day to day and port to port. I passed through Port Everglades last christmas, and declared my extra alcohol, and he just passed me through???????? I even asked about it but he just smiled, and I said thanks.

This is unofficial rumor that I read elsewhere some time back...

I had read somewhere that, in most cases, excess duty isn't collected from cruise passengers because they don't have the people/facilities necessary to collect the duty. They would need a particular office to handle the transaction, and the cruise terminals aren't generally set up in such a way as to allow the collection of the duty. So, in the majority of cases, the people are simply waved on through.

That's been my personal experience, too. I've declared my overage (albeit usually pretty minor, like an extra liter or so of alcohol) and the agent simply said "That's okay" and that was the end of that.

Edited by Daghis