How can I find where NCL Dawn will dock in Quebec?

kimkencruzers

I have searched everywhere.. I plan to take NCL Dawn from Quebec city on October 3, 2014. It then overnights in Quebec. Any way I can know where they will dock? According to cruise TT, There will be 4 ships total there that day.

Thanks for your help,

On our cruise September, 2012, we docked at 30(industrial area) which is close to the main area. There were shuttle busses running us to the lower area in front of the funicular. It was about a 4 minute ride. I know they docked there other times too that season.

We sailed the Dawn from Boston to Quebec last fall. Ships dock along the main town area (you can walk into town from the pier). Taxi's are regulated. We stayed an extra night in Quebec (wish we had more time but this was our second visit thankfully) I think from the hotel to the airport flat rate (about 25 to 30 minutes) was $35. The taxi from the ship to hotel was only $20 and was metered. We stayed at the Hilton which was very nice.

Quebec is a lovely city, very much a European feel with the beautiful buildings, French language and cobblestone streets. I highly recommend an extended stay if you can work it out.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for all the responses. I guess it's too early to tell. I was also thinking that it would be silly for me to not go on this cruise because I had to take a little extra cab or bus ride into town, so I should probably relax about it. :)

Thanks for all the responses. I guess it's too early to tell. I was also thinking that it would be silly for me to not go on this cruise because I had to take a little extra cab or bus ride into town, so I should probably relax about it. :)

I was wondering that myself. Is this short cab ride through a rough area? I can't understand why you would even consider a 4 minute drive a possible deal breaker?

I was wondering that myself. Is this short cab ride through a rough area? I can't understand why you would even consider a 4 minute drive a possible deal breaker?

No, there aren't really any rough areas in QC. I've been there dozens & dozens of times (dated someone who lived there, in my youth) for work, and also for vacation. The entire city is walkable. It is, after all, the provincial capital.

Edited by sjbdtz

I have searched everywhere.. I plan to take NCL Dawn from Quebec city on October 3, 2014. It then overnights in Quebec. Any way I can know where they will dock? According to cruise TT, There will be 4 ships total there that day.

Thanks for your help,

We've been there on NCL Spirit And NCL Dawn . Once we docked upriver and once down stream .

Both time there were shuttle buses provided to and from the funicular area .

Here is the response I received from the Port of Quebec.

The Norwegian Dawn will be at our Cruise Terminal, docked at Wharf 22 on October 3rd 2014. You can find a map at: http://www.portquebec.ca/en/cruises/information-for-cruise-ship-passengers/access-to-docks.

Have a great day,

LAURENCE MASSICOTTE

Coordonnatrice aux croisières / Cruise Coordinator

Administration portuaire de Québec / Québec Port Authority

150 Dalhousie, C.P./P.O. Box 80, Haute-Ville

Québec (Québec) G1R 4M8 Canada

T 418 266.0760 poste 4111 F 418 648.3139 http://www.portquebec.ca