Would you give up a B1 for an H9?

LOVEMYMO

Prices have dropped on our upcoming bermuda cruise and it is affordable to upgrade from a B1 aft to a H9 (Haven Spa Suite). Wondering how many of my CC friends would jump on it or not?

Thanks in advance for ALL replies :-)

Why wouldn't you want Haven and spa access? This far outweighs any benefits of an aft balcony in my opinion. I've had a few aft cabins on the Breakaway class and they aren't fantastic. There's a lot more soot and gas than on other aft balconies of other ships. I can't help but wonder if the tiny funnel is up to the challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hell yeah. I had a b1 on breakaway and while I loved it, I'd do the haven in a heartbeat. Just the private sundeck and restaurant are worth it for me. Plus access to spa! Yes yes and yes!!

Seriously? I can see the private sundeck but what is it about the restaurant? Is it in liew of cagneys on Jewel class ships? What else???

Have to make a decision very soon....thank you so much!!!!

The Haven Restaurant has the same menus as Cagney's on the other ships for breakfast and lunch. The big difference is that they offer a unique dinner menu as well. The food ranges from mediocre to good, but the high level of service is excellent. The regular pool decks can get awfully crowded on sunny days. The Haven offers a much more relaxed place to catch some rays.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, yes, and yes - jump without looking back. Haven restaurant, Haven courtyard, Haven private sundeck; concierge and butler, early access/priority seating for Cirque, cocktail party, complimentary spa access, better/bigger room (but a smaller balcony I would imagine), in-room whirlpool tub, upgraded bedding, better shower.... So, yes, yes, and yes! :D

Anyone else?? Need input please!!!! Have to decide tomorrow before noon!

Keep your current room. Clearly you really want the aft balcony or you wouldn't have come here asking. The Haven suite is by far a better choice, so clearly you should stick with the current room.

Kidding.

Take the H9. Do it before they change their minds

Seriously? I can see the private sundeck but what is it about the restaurant? Is it in liew of cagneys on Jewel class ships? What else???

I don't get the "Seriously?" remark.

You asked a question and that person answered.

It sounds like it is going to cost more--so what is it worth to you? You will get Spa access and Haven access, but if you are on BA you will not actually be in the Haven. You will lose your large balcony. If all you really want is to be on your balcony and view the aft wake, then stay where you are.

We are doing our first S9 on Getaway. We have never been in a suite, and might never again, but taking into consideration the higher OBC and the Spa passes vs. the higher cost we decided it was now or never. We will try a suite with all the attendant perks, and if, after actually experiencing it, we decide it's not worth it, we will go back to our regular balconies armed with first hand knowledge...

Prices have dropped on our upcoming bermuda cruise and it is affordable to upgrade from a B1 aft to a H9 (Haven Spa Suite). Wondering how many of my CC friends would jump on it or not?

Thanks in advance for ALL replies :-)

We have not stayed in B1, but have done a Breakaway Spa Balcony (in which we met the H9 cruisers in adjoining staterooms) and we are heading out on Getaway in a couple of weeks. So, my comment is limited to what we think about the H9.

I posted a detailed comment on the 'location considerations of the H9's (based on our experience and discussions only with those we met and a PCC).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41861254#post41861254

After reading that, I would look at 'where the upgraded H9 stateroom is.

BTW, have a great time.

You get the private restaurant for breakfast, lunch and DINNER. It's the same Cagney's menu from B&L like Jewel class, plus dinner. It's an amazing perk. Plus the perks onboard like getting dinner reservations when you thought you couldn't, prime seats at shows, priority disembarkation at all the ports (awesome going down the secret elevator and walking off the ship at the ports) plus priority disembarkation at the end. I could go on and on. So yup, seriously. LOL

Our B1 dropped 130.00pp for our 7/20 Breakaway sailing - we have 3 B1s in a row so we're taking the drop in fare and staying put. There are a few other B1s still available, I'm curious to see what happens to the price after we make final payment. The BCs have dropped 210.00pp. That's one of the things I do like about Carnival - any price drop prior to final payment you get reduced fare - but drops after final payment you get OBC for full difference, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm mistaken, but I don't believe that is the case with NCL?

Our B1 dropped 130.00pp for our 7/20 Breakaway sailing - we have 3 B1s in a row so we're taking the drop in fare and staying put. There are a few other B1s still available, I'm curious to see what happens to the price after we make final payment. The BCs have dropped 210.00pp. That's one of the things I do like about Carnival - any price drop prior to final payment you get reduced fare - but drops after final payment you get OBC for full difference, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm mistaken, but I don't believe that is the case with NCL?

After final payment they might give you a percentage of that drop as OBC, but it is at their discretion. In the past I asked for something as simple as a bottle of wine, and they gave me a $25 OBC. Unfortunately for our sailing all the S9's which we are in are totally sold out, so no price drops or other add on perks for us.

Well we took the plunge and upgraded to the H9 - last one available. We are AFT cruisers so this was a big decision and I want to thank all of you for your input/advice. Thanks again! Happy cruising to all :-)

Enjoy your Haven & Spa experience! We also really enjoy cruising aft, but there's something really special about the Haven. Enjoy!