Caribbean Princess Embarkation Day Dining

vfangue

What lunch options are available on Embarkation? Doing the BVE and since we're only onboard for a short time, we don't want to spend time in long lines or receive slow service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What lunch options are available on Embarkation? Doing the BVE and since we're only onboard for a short time, we don't want to spend time in long lines or receive slow service.
The dining room will be open and since you're on the BVE, wine or other beverages are included. Service will be as fast or as slow as you want. It won't be a 2-hour lunch. Just let your waitstaff know. Otherwise, your options are the buffet, grill and/or pizza.

We live close to a port and have done the BVE many times. Here is what we usually do when showing new cruisers the ship.

We walk up the stairs, one deck at a time, checking out the different cabin styles along the way. Since you will be the first to board, there will still be a few cabin doors open to take a peek. ;)

By the time we get up to the Horizon Court, it should be open with absolutely no line. We go through the buffet so the newbies can see what is available and perhaps sample a few items.

After that the dining room should be open so we head down there for our 'real' lunch. You will be wearing stickers indicating you are on the BVE, so the staff knows what you are entitled to. Lunch should be about an hour or so.

After lunch we head over to the Future Cruise desk to fill out the paperwork for an FCC. No need to speak to anyone. Under cabin number we put BVE and drop it in the box. By the time we arrive home the FCC confirmation is in our email. :D

After exploring the ship we usually wind down at the International Cafe with a cappuccino and some dessert, waiting until the last possible moment to disembark. :(

Have fun! It is a great way to spend a day.

Great! Hubby and I will want to tour the ship and enjoy the MDR. Our two daughters, who are home from college, will prefer to just grab a quick bite and then find a spot by the pool.

Bon Voyage Experience. On certain princess ships, you can pay $39 this allows you to tour the ship, have lunch with wine in the main dining room and a souvenir photo on the day of embarkation. Boarding around 11:00 and then off about 3:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please excuse my stupidity but what is BVE?

Bon Voyage Experience

In some USA embarkation ports and for some cruises you can pay $39 and can expierence the ship for three to four hours including lunch in the dining room with a glass of wine and a photo.

The $39 can be applied towards a future cruise if you book one in a stated amount of time from when you do the BVE (book, not sail by then).