Missed the Medal for Castaway Cay 5K!

Frogger22

That's disappointing to hear. Even when I participate in a short race, the medal at the finish is always nice. I did a one mile fun run for charity earlier this year, and still got a medal. I spent more time fundraising than running, but it was for a great cause. :)

They asked GS ..they said there was nothing they could do and turns out none of the runners got medals that day - they said there was a supplier issue.

I'm a TA ..I'm taking it from here with our rep and will see if I can get them perhaps next week on the Dream.

:confused:

From what I have gleaned from reading about the 5K since mid-2012, the medals are carried on each ship. There's no one supplying the island with them, but each ship. And sometimes the ships run out.

From what I read in the last few weeks, there was a period of a few weeks where at least one of the ships was out. Front-line CMs are never told real reasons for anything, it seems (in just about any industry) so all people have gotten are random reasons.

Did your DD get a certificate? A friend of mine who ran a few weeks ago didn't get the medal, but DID get a certificate. I ran it twice last year and got the plastic medals, but no certificates (I didn't hear about any certificates in 2013 at all, but they were mentioned in 2012).

It's possible this supply stuff is because they are thinking of making this a more serious rundisney event, with a charge, etc.... Or maybe they just ran out. After all, they use the same medals for shooting-hoops contests, etc, onboard.

3 of them ran..2 certificates were delivered..

But all's well that ends well..DD has a friend that works in the Magic, he happened to be here this weekend and is getting her 3 medals without any issue at all. She's happy. I'm happy:)

I still don't like the misinformation ..expect more from Disney but it is what it is.

Thanks all!