Carnival DREAM AirConditioning?

ciship

We just sailed on the Dream 3-29-14 and I am sorry to say we ROASTED in our stateroom!!! They sent someone from maintanence to check it out and said ours as reading 71.4 degrees and as long as it was below 74 degrees, it was functioning properly. It got so bad at night when we were trying to sleep, we begged our room steward for a fan which made it a little better but not much. Our stateroom was on deck 6 (upper) and my sister was on deck 8 and their room was always cool and comfortable. I complained but it fell on deaf ears. Hope you have a better experience! :mad:

I am hoping that being directly under the main atrium, right underneath the shore excursion desk in a cove balcony will allow our room to be normal (68-70) on this next sailing.

We roasted on both of our previous sailings in balconies on the conquest, but always noticed that the hallways were cold on decks 1 and 2.

I was on deck 4 and was hot as hell

We always book on the 10th floor, I don't think the floor matters. What bothers me is the common areas are always freezing, can't some of the air be diverted to the cabins?

Edited by camarowesley

I keep reading review after review about how the air conditioning on Carnival Dream doesnt work in the cabins very well. I'm booked on the Dream next summer and air conditioning is a BIG deal breaker for me.

Anyone know the real scoop? What's going on?

See the attached link for a similar thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1844571

Edited by camarowesley

Wow! I'm feeling very discouraged.

Reading this thread I see that what some consider too hot others consider just right and others think is cool. Comfort is so subjective. Don't be discouraged. Wait until you are on board and immediately request a fan from your steward. A little too warm and I turn on the fan. It makes a world of difference to just have the air moving! I always have a balcony and I really can't complain about room temps if I am sitting out there! Don't be discouraged by something that has not happened yet. :)

After our winter I don't think anything warm would bother me! :D

73 is not normal! Right? 68 is more like it....especially in the summer months.

Depends on where you are from! Here in Houston you're lucky if your AC can pull your house down below 80 during the heat of the day! :eek: All the better reason to drink ice cold beer imho...

I cruise with one of these and it has been very helpful in Carnival's warm cabins. Walmart, Lowes, and Amazon all carry the O2 Cool brand. The fan is pretty flat and packs well between layers of clothes in my suitcase.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/O2Cool-10-Battery-Operated-Fan-with-AC-Adapter/15522388

Guest Services has some fans but as you can imagine, they run out pretty fast because they have a limited number.

Edited by winddawn

We were on the dream in a Cove Balcony and it was great ... our friends on a balcony on the Veranda Deck were hot ... There room was always miserable. Guest services told them they would be given a fan but the ship was already out of them by night two

Some like it cold....some like it hot! As much as we pay for our cruises, we should be able to pick the cabin temperature that is right for each of us. I can't believe Carnival is ignoring how miserable they are making their customers!

I am hoping that being directly under the main atrium, right underneath the shore excursion desk in a cove balcony will allow our room to be normal (68-70) on this next sailing.

We roasted on both of our previous sailings in balconies on the conquest, but always noticed that the hallways were cold on decks 1 and 2.

I hope you have better luck than we did in a cove balcony room. We kept the a/c dial kept to the coolest setting and the room just never felt comfortable. Luckily I always bring a small fan when we travel which was a life saver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

We were on the Freedom in May 2013 on the Riviera deck and our room was WARM especially when we were up walking around/getting dressing in the room. We asked maintenance to come look at the AC and they left a note that it was fine, but it was too warm for us. They also said there were no box fans available. Boo. I don't like to cruise in the summer because that is just too hot for me, but maybe I'll try to bring on a box fan next time!

Depends on where you are from! Here in Houston you're lucky if your AC can pull your house down below 80 during the heat of the day! :eek: All the better reason to drink ice cold beer imho...

Residential air conditioning is designed for a 20 degree temperature drop. Commercial chillers operate much differently and are capable of colder temperatures under the right conditions and depending on what refrigerants are used.

• 1 year later...

I'm happy to report that I just got off the Dream and had AFT connecting cabins 8436-8440. Both were tolerably cool...but, not cold. I had asked Carnival to have fans waiting in both cabins also and they were there waiting for us. We really needed the fans at night. Take your fans people! I was just happy that our cabins were not hot.