Off Oasis Yesterday. Great Cruise

Hi, We had a wonderful week on Oasis. Due to work committments, no time to write a full review but I'll share a few reactions. I'm not tech savvy enough to upload pictures, sorry.

Me:

I am the veteran of many cruises on all lines, mostly Princess, Celebrity & Royal Caribbean. I have been Diamond Plus for many year, but doubt Pinnacle is in my future, as next cruises are Princess and Celebrity. I guess I'm just not the loyal type. :p

Ship:

The ship is still amazing and does not look her age, they have done a wonderful job on the upkeep! As everyone says, it is almost impossible to experience all that she offers in just 7 days.

Cabin:

We booked an ocean view balcony guarantee (sigh, we had a GS last time.... sniff, sniff) but guess what? We got a standard balcony room right by the secret balcony at the aft of Deck 11 and it was great! Also nice being on the same floor as the CL tho we did not use it much. Our GS was mid ship last year on Allure, and very noisy, lots of kids running by, but the aft location was quite and very nice.

Entertainment:

I was blown away by the shows and entertainment on board. As I mentioned, we were on Allure last year and I loved & attended all of the shows. But I enjoyed the shows on Oasis much more! So much that we saw them all twice! Hairspray was amazing, all cast members such strong singers & dancers. The Ice Show was an easier theme to follow than the Monopoly theme on Allure. The Sand Art done in the middle of the ice show was incredible! The Aqua Show was about the same and wonderful to behold! Comedy show on both ships were hilarious, bring tissue, because you will laugh until you cry. The piano bar entertainer a very good performer and a very kind person, really tried to talk to guests as well as perform.

Dining:

We did the Central Park dining package which includes Chops, Giovanni's Table and 150 Central Park. In addition, we used my Diamond Plus coupon to get the "buy one get one free dinner" at 150 Central Park so that we could experience both menus. Far and away we preferred 150 Central Park for the food and dining experience. Chops was wonderful as usual, tho neither the mud pie or red velvet cake appear to be as lavish as in past years. Giovanni's is a delight and hard to resist eating way too much. The salads in Park Cafe are a real treat. We also enjoyed several lunches in the Solarium bistro. The vegetable crepe is very flavorful. The Character breakfast was fun, they do a great job of it.

Ports:

In Nassau we independently booked with "Segway of Nassau" and had such fun! I had never ridden a Segway and it is a fun way to ride around the island. We spent about 2 hours on the machines and only 4 of us in the group for $75.

In St. Thomas we did the "Sunset Catamaran Champagne Cruise" (thru RCCL) Two hours on a beautiful catamaran with all the rum and champagne you could consume. We were allowed to go out and sit right on the front of the boat with our feet dangling over the side! Amazing.

In St. Martin we did Bernard's Tours and he does an amazing job. Highly recommend.

Oops:

The only glitch in the week was the drink coupons loaded on the sea pass cards for Diamond & Diamond Plus Members. There is a printed list of all the basic drinks that have always been available in the CL. Also printed was the wines available which include Chardonay, Pinot Grigio, Sauvingion Blanc, Shariz, Cabernet, and a few others. Almost every bartender on board when learning that I was using the coupon stated "I'll only pour you Chardonay" A few were pretty grumpy about it! Only one nice lady bartender in Boleros would pour anything but Chardonay. So that is were we trekked anytime we wanted to use a coupon. We of course tipped her well AND gave her a WOW card. Even the grumpy "chardonay pouring" bartenders got a smile and a tip-- after all, I'm on a cruise! The coupons are great and will be even better when the staff figures out how to supply what the promotion says it will.

In December I was on Celebrity and the drink vouchers were paper coupons but every bar on the ship honored them effortlessly without differences in availability, so hopefully soon Royal will follow suit.

I'm happy to try to answer any questions. What a cruise experience these big ships offer. Of course I am one of those who said it is too big, not for me, now eating humble pie. I'll take a cruise on any ship, any time! People ask which cruise is my favorite. That would be akin to picking which child is my favorite... All Of Them!!

Do you know if there is a place onboard I can do Southwest airline checkin online on May 9 for return flight home (can do up to 24 hours ahead of flight). I thought I had read somewhere on here that you could free of charge. (I don't have a "smart phone")

thanks

Edited by fdland

Do you know if there is a place onboard I can do Southwest airline checkin online on May 9 for return flight home (can do up to 24 hours ahead of flight). I thought I had read somewhere on here that you could free of charge. (I don't have a "smart phone")

thanks

Near Guest Service, deck 5 promenade, aft, there are kiosks you can use to check-in for you flight.

I can't find the answer on FAQ maybe as a frequent cruiser you know... can you mix drink packages? I want the one with unlimited mixed drinks ( love my margaritas:) and my husband only drinks beer. Does he have to get the package I get? I'm thinking the $55/day for me and the $40 one for him.

Marthkat75

I can't find the answer on FAQ maybe as a frequent cruiser you know... can you mix drink packages? I want the one with unlimited mixed drinks ( love my margaritas:) and my husband only drinks beer. Does he have to get the package I get? I'm thinking the $55/day for me and the $40 one for him.

Marthkat75

Nope!!!! You can each get the different packages.....Enjoy!