Power out at Port of Galveston

bus man

I agree...weather happens, but the cruise line needs to be prepared in a port where it happens frequently. It was chaos trying to get off the ship and employees were doing nothing to enforce any semblance of order.

But it's all good....there are lots of other options in the world :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

semblance of order, I have never seen that on a cruise. There are too many " it's my vacation" or "I didn't pay to wait" attitudes.

Hopefully more will refuse to cruise from Galveston and prices will drop some since it is one of the highest priced ports to sail from.

Well...as a Native Texan I will say that the ships will probably keep sailing full. Given that, I can take comfort in the fact that the sales tax revenue for the state will not take a hit AND we will have fewer "Damn Yankees" to deal with...a win-win. :D

Well, Galveston must be doing something right as Carnival announced today they will be bringing in a third full time ship, Carnival Freedom:)

Well that makes me feel a bit better heading out of this port for our next cruise!

Well that makes me feel a bit better heading out of this port for our next cruise!

You'll be fine...we live down here in SE Texas too as does Galveston Cruiser and SSB. We sail out of Galveston a lot and have never experienced problems. I think a lot of issues I see people complain about is due to a lack of patience. That's the society we live in...

Although I feel for the OP I wouldn't blacklist a port due to an uncontrollable delay. We spent 3 days in Galveston then cruised on the Magic a couple years ago. It rained ( actually poured more than either of us had ever experienced ) and we missed one port due to poor weather but had the greatest time. We had a blast chatting and sharing a few drinks with some of the many Texans on the ship. Couldn't understand half of what they said but ........ :D

I've left out of several different ports, on our Legend sailing we departed out of Tampa. It was super rainy that day, finally cleared up by the time the muster drills were being held. Later on we were supposed to go to Grand Cayman, never made it because of rough seas and bad weather. Didn't screw up my cruise any. Still loved it. Nothing beats being at sea, beautiful scenery, pretty good food, fun with my two guys (hubby and son) and not being at work!!!!

I have to admit, I've been a bit frustrated with the lack of transportation options to Galveston but I'm still super excited to sail on the Magic!

I think its going to be...well... MAGIC!! ;):D