Helooo is there anybody there?

I have been watching Endeavour and picking holes in it. Never been a store called Burridges in Oxford and I can't remember a police station in Cowley Road although DH says he remembers one, still he is MUCH older than me :D

Not been watching that Linda. But talking about TV progs did you see the Last Voyage of the QE2 a week or two ago? It was very interesting and rather sad to see it de-commissioned - no doubt it's now doing well with a second lease of life as a hotel in Dubai. It didn't look in bad shape either but then we know all about older ships to which we become very attached don't we? :D;)

Not been watching that Linda. But talking about TV progs did you see the Last Voyage of the QE2 a week or two ago? It was very interesting and rather sad to see it de-commissioned - no doubt it's now doing well with a second lease of life as a hotel in Dubai. It didn't look in bad shape either but then we know all about older ships to which we become very attached don't we? :D;)

No I didn't see the programme, but I remember thinking when it was de-comissioned that it didn't look too bad :rolleyes:

I have seen a few of the Sea City programmes, but it's on at a strange time, Sunday afternoon, when usually doing something else or watching footie :rolleyes:

Thank goodness for iplayer :)

We were lucky eno0ugh to spend a day on the QE2 in Malaga during her last voyage. She still looked lovely and food/service in the Queens Grill was superb - better still as we weren´t paying LOL. View of Malaga freom the bridge was spectacular. When we were given a tour round the ship we were told that every single item from piece of cutlery to chandelier had been listed and would be checked at the final destination to ensure that nothing was missing before payment would be completed.

Would love to see the programme you mention Kruzseeka.

Edited by campolady

We were lucky eno0ugh to spend a day on the QE2 in Malaga during her last voyage. She still looked lovely and food/service in the Queens Grill was superb - better still as we weren´t paying LOL. View of Malaga freom the bridge was spectacular. When we were given a tour round the ship we were told that every single item from piece of cutlery to chandelier had been listed and would be checked at the final destination to ensure that nothing was missing before payment would be completed.

Would love to see the programme you mention Kruzseeka.

What a fabulous experience campolady - no wonder you have such lovely memories of your visit.

This is the programme campolady. Unfortunately it says it's not available on iPlayer although being a timewatch prog it may well pop up again - it's obviously been repaeated a few rimes already. I'm sure you will enjoy it if you get the chance to see it - it will mean a lot to you as you will spot things you recognise.

Since we started cruising that's one of the things we often find - we see somewhere we've been to on tv (get quite excited too :o :D) and realise how many experiences and wonderful memories our cruises have brought us. We watched a programme about the Elements the other day and a scientist called Mendeleeff was involved. Well whatever they were saying about him was completely lost on me as they skipped over to St Petersburg (where he lived)and were on a boat on the canals -I was far more interested in sight-seeing and trying to identify places we've seen! :eek::D Trouble is everytime I see something like that which brings back fab memories - I want to go back again - the list just gets longer! ;)

Anyway that's a diversion - hope you can find this prog sometime

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00j3hz3

P.S. Just had another trawl of the web and I think this might be it- took some finding!!! Hope you enjoy it! :)

http://www.behance.net/gallery/BBC-Timewatch-QE2-The-Final-Voyage/443671

Edited by kruzseeka
Add P.S.