Rooms with 3 or 4 occupancy

MissKIA

Let's try this again! ( I posted this as a reply to another topic by accident! :o )

When you have a room for 3 or 4, do they leave the pullman down and the couch made up as a bed during the day? Or do they put the couch back to being a couch for the day time?

We cruised with our two young children twice. Left the beds as 'bunk beds' the entire week. Most of our time wasn't spent in our room anyway, we felt it wasn't worth the steward's time to have to go to all the work to make it a couch.

We had a room for four, with only three of us inside. The steward asked us if we wanted the pullman down, and after trying out the sofa bed, we told him don't bother with the pullman. The sofa was not that bad, and we left it made up during the day since we weren't in the room much.

I think your room steward will do what you want / need :) If you need the couch during the day he will put away the bedclothes and stow the pullman.

Hope all is well!

Sent from my mobile device. Typos are inevitable.

Hey Sharon! :waves: Nice to "hear" from you! :)

Thanks for the replies everyone. I like to use the couch to read or watch tv during down times, but it's not like I'm doing that a whole lot in the room so it's not too big of a deal. Just wondered.

Edited by MissKIA

I just sailed on the paradise. We had 2 Pullman bunks. The room steward pulled them down at night and they stayed up during the day, unless my boys wanted a nap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Sharon! :waves: Nice to "hear" from you! :)

Thanks for the replies everyone. I like to use the couch to read or watch tv during down times, but it's not like I'm doing that a whole lot in the room so it's not too big of a deal. Just wondered.

Waving back to you! Nice to see you convinced hubby into cruising more! Hawaii must have been awesome!

Waving back to you! Nice to see you convinced hubby into cruising more! Hawaii must have been awesome!

Hubby loves cruising as much as I do now, which makes me very happy!

We loved Hawaii, it was absolutely gorgeous, but the cruise was just too long. I love sea days but it was just too many in a row. It didn't help that the weather wasn't great so we couldn't bask in the sun by the pool all day. Don't get me wrong, we had a great cruise, but probably wouldn't do it again. We are planning a land trip to Hawaii next year (hence the big gap between cruises). As much as I will hate the 10 hours or so that it takes to get there by plane, it will be much faster than 5 days. :D

Hopefully one day we will end up on another cruise together and actually meet! :cool:

Hubby loves cruising as much as I do now, which makes me very happy!

We loved Hawaii, it was absolutely gorgeous, but the cruise was just too long. I love sea days but it was just too many in a row. It didn't help that the weather wasn't great so we couldn't bask in the sun by the pool all day. Don't get me wrong, we had a great cruise, but probably wouldn't do it again. We are planning a land trip to Hawaii next year (hence the big gap between cruises). As much as I will hate the 10 hours or so that it takes to get there by plane, it will be much faster than 5 days. :D

Hopefully one day we will end up on another cruise together and actually meet! :cool:

I'm not sure I could take all those sea days either - especially if the weather wasn't good :) A land vacay to Hawaii sounds wonderful!

The Pride trip in my siggy is our next cruise. The family doesn't know about it yet, and I'm thinking of a fun way to tell them....no ideas yet, though!

Would be great to sail with you again, and yes, actually meet this time...lol!

They will do it however you want it. But if you don't tell them anything, they will most likely leave the upper bunks out and leave the sofa as a bed the whole day. That's how it's been for me since 2009. There are still some stewards that will automatically put the uppers away & have the sofa as a sofa by day, but that is becoming more & more rare. The reason might be that most people want them left as beds. It's very nice for the people whose beds those are to have the bed available all the time, especially for those who have the uppers. With the upper put away, that person has nowhere to rest and nowhere even to sit.