New to RCL, fill me in, lots of questions

I just booked a cruise on Enchantment of the Seas that sails in less than 2 weeks! Eke, not much time to plan. We are frequent cruisers on Disney but I know there are lots of difference. So, here is my long list of questions I don't have time to sift through the boards for...

Does RCL allow guests to bring bottled soda on board? What drinks are available without purchasing a soda card? We will be staying in the Royal Family Suite if that makes a difference.

Kids activities, are they any good? Any tips? How about the shows, kids friendly? Any must see shows for the kids (ages 4 and 6) Any scheduled kids activities on the private island?

Are the doors magnetic like on the Disney ships? Do people ever put magnets on their doors? I just want to put one or 2 on so the kids can easily find the room.

What else do I need to know?

Suggest you check out the roll call at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1659756&page=7

This will answer a lot of questions.

Doors are metal. Free coffee (not Starbucks), tea, water, lemonade. Soda package is just that but one has water included. There have been some changes. Perhaps your roll call can answer what Enchantment has.

You should take time to look through CC as there is LOTS of great information. Sorry you just found it. Relax take more money than clothes! :D

...Does RCL allow guests to bring bottled soda on board? What drinks are available without purchasing a soda card? We will be staying in the Royal Family Suite if that makes a difference....

Royal's published policy is that you cannot bring any beverage on board except two bottles of wine per stateroom. However, they frequently don't enforce the policy for bottled water and soda.

Being in a full suite, you and your family will have access to the nightly cocktail hour in the Concierge Lounge. This is from 5pm to 8:30pm and offers complimentary house wine, house champagne, soda, basic mixed drinks (no blender driinks, selected beer, and hot/cold snacks.

The sail away is great there - you can see the NASA launch pads.

Royal has a great kids program - they will be there immediately as you board and place band on your kids (in case you get separated) they will have brochures and schedules for the programs (all free). The nightly shows are good and smaller children usually enjoy them.

Yes you can bring limited amounts of bottled water, soda (just don't push it - 2 bottles each is ok). The magnets on your door is good idea for kids - your magnetic door key is credit card type device has room number on it (but not floor). Don't get the magnets by your key card or it will erase it. I usually take old bows/ribbons and tape them on the door.

As you are in suite you will also get bottled water (2 bottles - not sure of they replenish each day), fruit basket and of course the concierge (my favorite part). Beside the free drinks each evening they have a continental breakfast in the mornings and water, coffee all day. We usually take a plastic water bottle (sports type) and fill up with their iced water (for health reasons can't pour directly into the bottled but can pour into glass and then pour in sports bottle) - helps for taking off ship or just walking around.

Royal is strict on NO irons, candles, etc. You can take a hairdryer but they have them in the rooms so you can leave it at home and save space for something else.

Not sure on age limits but they also have a bungie trampoline on this ship that kids might enjoy.

Room service is free so kids might enjoy breakfast on the patio one day. Their room service hamburgers and pizza are good too.

Enjoy!

Although the policy says no soft drinks we have always brought 2 liter bottles of soda. It is best to have it in your carry on bags. In November on our Brilliance cruise we put it in our checked luggage and they held it in security. We had to go down there and open our luggage so they could see what it was. They just check to make sure it hasn't been opened. On our Oasis cruise a few weeks ago we had it in our carry on and they also just checked to make sure it wasn't open. Otherwise no problem bringing it on board.

They also have strawberry/kiwi infused water which I really like and one other flavor.

The shows are nothing like Disney and I don't a 4 and 6 year old would enjoy them. They would probably get board.