When to get off...

Owlhelm

Hi all,

We're visiting Valencia next week :D and need to get from the port to Plaza de la Reina (we have a walking tour meeting at the Plaza de la Virgen). I've worked out that we need a #4 bus which if I believe google maps, leaves from directly in front of the port.

My problem is the other end. Any clues as to how I will know when to get off the bus when travelling from the port?

Thanks!

Martin

It looks like you go from the

stop 2118, Estació Marítima - Pont de les Drassanes

to stop 800, Reina , 17 stops later or 5.18 km.

http://www.emtvalencia.es/geoportal/?lang=en_otp

Reina seems to be the end station for bus 4, but the bus does continue on another route back from the same stop.

If you go to street view on google maps you might see that you will not miss this stop.

Our cruise ship last week provided a no-hassle shuttle bus direct from the ship to Valencia centre (5 km from the port) every 15 minutes. Return fare 5 Pounds UK. Much easier than using a public bus so would recommend this option if your ship offers a similar service.

It looks like you go from the

stop 2118, Estació Marítima - Pont de les Drassanes

to stop 800, Reina , 17 stops later or 5.18 km.

http://www.emtvalencia.es/geoportal/?lang=en_otp

Reina seems to be the end station for bus 4, but the bus does continue on another route back from the same stop.

If you go to street view on google maps you might see that you will not miss this stop.

Thanks for this. Yes, I've looked at streetview. I figure I'll ride for 25 minutes then get off at the next stop ;) Can't guarantee that the bus will stop at each stop, so can't rely on counting them. What fun!! :)

Our cruise ship last week provided a no-hassle shuttle bus direct from the ship to Valencia centre (5 km from the port) every 15 minutes. Return fare 5 Pounds UK. Much easier than using a public bus so would recommend this option if your ship offers a similar service.

£5 return is very good. If Costa offer a similarly priced service to the same area we'd probably take that.

Cheers both...away in 3 days!!!!!! :D

Martin.

• 2 months later...

One thing you can do taking public bus is to write out the stop you want in either direction with por favor under it and showe it to the bus driver..then sit,if you can near him/her and they will let you know(most times) when you are at your at your stop. Make sure to say thank you as you get off...works wonders.

We were in Valencia in March and when we exited the port building there were people there from the city bus (EMT) to give directions and maps. They even had a indicators on the sidewalk (ie follow this green line.) to get you to the correct stop. As for getting off at Placa de la Reina, Google streetview is a good suggestion. It is easy to recognize and a major stop with the bus stop in a loop in the square in front of the cathedral rather than just at the side of the street. You can buy tickets on the bus for €1.50.