Another Bar Setup Question (ugh)

splendoraway

I have checked and double checked the forums and FAQ but I was unable to locate an answer to this question. I know you can purchase the bar setup while on board. Is it available throughout the entire cruise or only during the first day or so. I ask this just in case we want to purchase a bottle half-way through the cruise. Also, I know on previous cruise lines I have been on there was a 2 bottle limit per cabin. Is there such a limit or is it just based on how much you are willing to pay for liquor.

I have checked and double checked the forums and FAQ but I was unable to locate an answer to this question. I know you can purchase the bar setup while on board. Is it available throughout the entire cruise or only during the first day or so. I ask this just in case we want to purchase a bottle half-way through the cruise. Also, I know on previous cruise lines I have been on there was a 2 bottle limit per cabin. Is there such a limit or is it just based on how much you are willing to pay for liquor.

I don't believe you can purchase the bar setup once you are on board. It has to be ordered ahead of time.

We ordered it for a previous cruise, and we had to do it ahead of time. She told us it could NOT be ordered once we were on the ship.

I saw on previous posts that you can order the bar setup on the ship. The difference is they charge a 15% gratuity in lieu of the $3.00 charge and you also receive 6 mixers and garnishes instead of 3. The bottle price remains the same.

I saw on previous posts that you can order the bar setup on the ship. The difference is they charge a 15% gratuity in lieu of the $3.00 charge and you also receive 6 mixers and garnishes instead of 3. The bottle price remains the same.

So by ordering it on the ship, it is costing you an additional $24 (on two $100 bottles of liquor) to get six additional cans of soda?

That's absurd. If you aren't flying, then just order your bottles ahead and just throw a 6 pack of soda (or whatever non-alcoholic mixer you want) in your bag.

Edited by DinaS

We will probably pre-buy a bottle or two before the cruise but I just want a back up in the event that we run out. We are traveling with 3 DS and their signficant others all between the ages of 22 - 26 so I am sure they will be tapping into mom and pops "stash". The bottles are pricey but as others have done the math its cheaper than buying drinks individually and to buy the UBP at about $400.00 a person would not be worth it in the long run especially since the girls are not heavy drinkers.

Just off the Jewel ... If you wish /need/want to buy additional bottles . All you need to do is go to any bar < I saw it at several > and there is a 4x10 fold menu sitting on the bar that list brands and bottle prices . No mention of any limits . But there is the Grat. added..

Enjoy ;)

We were just on the Epic and pool guy approached us to buy liquor for the cabin. Mixers were unlimited. I know they start you off with a few cans but you just ask for more. We decided not to. It was day 3 and we don't drink that much but to some it's worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is more of a difference than that. The price of a bottle on the ship is much higher since they charge by the number of shots in it, plus the gratuity.

There is more of a difference than that. The price of a bottle on the ship is much higher since they charge by the number of shots in it, plus the gratuity.
That is not true at all. At all. They sell the bottles for the same prices as the bar set-up, just with the 15% gratuity instead of the fixed service charge. As already mentioned in this thread, and several others.

Just off the Jewel ... If you wish /need/want to buy additional bottles . All you need to do is go to any bar < I saw it at several > and there is a 4x10 fold menu sitting on the bar that list brands and bottle prices . No mention of any limits . But there is the Grat. added..

Enjoy ;)

Is the price the same as when you preorder with the gratuity added?? :confused: TIA

I purchased a bar set up on the Epic last year about 2 weeks before sailing, I ordered 4 bottles of spirits, when we first got to our cabin there was 4 bottles plus 6 cans each of Pepsi, diet Pepsi, soda and sprite, with bowls of cherries, lemons, limes and olives. I asked our steward for orange juice and cranberry juice and it was delivered within the hour free of charge. Not to sure about other ships but the Epic you can buy the spirits all cruise long.

My daughter was in another cabin and decided she wanted to buy a bar set up and they done it the first night but they added the 15% gratitude on top of it, but she still got all the Pepsi ect.

Also half way through the cruise we asked for a top up on the mixers and garnishes and got them again free of charge..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by sha32