Baltimore Restaurants

Kroozen

Hello,

I'm cruising out of Baltimore in a few weeks, and I was looking for some restaurant suggests for dinner the night before. I'll be arriving into Baltimore around 7pm on Thursday night. I'm staying at a hotel near BWI, so I prefer to eat at a restaurant near there.

Thanks!

G & M, Olive Grove (not olive garden) or Timbuktu if you want crab cakes, tons of other places over at Arundel Mills mall, a couple chains near the hotels near the airport.....

The hotel can give you directions to any of the crab places.....they're all about a 5-10 minute ride depending on your hotel...in fact some of the hotel shuttles (if you're by BWI) will take you to G & M for free...

http://gandmcrabcakes.com/restaurant.html

G & M, Olive Grove (not olive garden) or Timbuktu if you want crab cakes, tons of other places over at Arundel Mills mall, a couple chains near the hotels near the airport.....

The hotel can give you directions to any of the crab places.....they're all about a 5-10 minute ride depending on your hotel...in fact some of the hotel shuttles (if you're by BWI) will take you to G & M for free...

http://gandmcrabcakes.com/restaurant.html

I can vouch for the G&M Restaurant. The crabcakes were excellent. I'll have to try Timbuktu next time I am there...

I can vouch for the G&M Restaurant. The crabcakes were excellent. I'll have to try Timbuktu next time I am there...

I think they're owned by the same people and locals like it better than G & M. And it's funny, I have been to G & M several times, but when I went last fall for my B-day it was NOT good. Service was bad..I had a trainee AND his trainer who had been there a long time. The trainer wasn't paying enough attention to him, neither of them ever came back. The crab cake was very good, not as great as in the past, but my sides were cold.

They didn't offer to replace them..and I had casually mentioned it was my birthday (it actually WAS..as opposed to me going the day before..) ...so you would think that MAYBE they'd at least have stuck a candle in my dessert? nope.

I think they're owned by the same people and locals like it better than G & M. And it's funny, I have been to G & M several times, but when I went last fall for my B-day it was NOT good. Service was bad..I had a trainee AND his trainer who had been there a long time. The trainer wasn't paying enough attention to him, neither of them ever came back. The crab cake was very good, not as great as in the past, but my sides were cold.

They didn't offer to replace them..and I had casually mentioned it was my birthday (it actually WAS..as opposed to me going the day before..) ...so you would think that MAYBE they'd at least have stuck a candle in my dessert? nope.

Sorry to hear that your experience wasn't completely up to par. When I went to G&M I just sat at the bar and had good service. I had no problems with the food and of course the crabcakes were awesome.

I'm thinking my next trip to Baltimore (in July but not for a cruise) I plan on checking out Faidley's Seafood in the Lexington Market. I saw it featured on a Travel Channel show and read some good reviews of it.