Bermuda Ship Time/Local Time

I have searched these forums without joy!

Does anyone know what time the Breakaway maintains onboard whilst docked in Bermuda? Is the ships time the same as NY time or do they change to local time which I believe is 1 hour different.

If anyone can help (I am sure they can) it would help my planning.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
I still haven't been able to ascertain exactly when (what days) clocks go back and forward on the Breakaway Bermuda cruises. Can anyone help or post the dailies to confirm?

Not to be a wise guy, but it's done on whatever day they tell you, and just because it was done on a particular last week doesn't guarantee that it won't be done differently the next. ;) (The same holds true for which side the ship docks at the pier...sometimes it's port, sometimes starboard.)

As I recall, it's normally done on the first night on the outbound trip (for the Breakaway, when you retire Sunday night/early Monday morning), and on the return trip it will normally be done the night you depart Bermuda (Friday night/early Saturday morning).

We cruised last week, and the time was changed Monday night going to Bermuda and Friday night on the way back.

Thank you. And just yesterday I told my DH that I didn't think we changed times at all. Oops :rolleyes:

The ship changes to Bermuda time which is one hour ahead. Don't be late or the ship will leave!!! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah -- unless you have reservations for something, the only time that the "real" time matters is on Friday when the ship sails. Otherwise, chillax! It's why I love the Bermuda cruise -- 2 full days in port and not clock to watch.

The ship changes to Bermuda time which is one hour ahead. Don't be late or the ship will leave!!! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, indeed!! I was on the breakaway last week and in fact several people were left in sunny bermuda!!

One woman got the tugboat to help but they had to abort....