Majesty?

Next year thinking of Majesty for Italian Job and Adriatic Explorer asI really want to visit Venice ad have an unruly teenager banned from the Celebration. I love Celebration and Dream but haven't been on Majesty. What might I miss? What might I gain? What do you think? Love any feedback

Thanks lovely CC people

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile

Next year thinking of Majesty for Italian Job and Adriatic Explorer asI really want to visit Venice ad have an unruly teenager banned from the Celebration. I love Celebration and Dream but haven't been on Majesty. What might I miss? What might I gain? What do you think? Love any feedback

Thanks lovely CC people

We love the Dream - have our third cruise booked on her for November.

Booked a last minute trip on Majesty - came back just a week ago - not expecting to like it as much. We were amazed to find we far preffered it.

Excellent food, great staff, great atmosphere. Only thing we preferred on the Dream was the theatre although the accoustics were far better in the Jubilee Lounge where the shows are on Majesty.

I am sure that you would not be disappointed.

**** have an unruly teenager banned from the Celebration ****

Oops - I missed that bit! Shouldn' t an unruly passenger be banned from the whole fleet?

Edited by campolady

I think St Piran is being ironic :confused: I think he means that Celebration is for adults only, not that he has been banned from the Celebration :confused: or I hope that is the case :eek: Am I right St Piran?

I also prefer the Majesty and have booked another cruise on her in October. I have been on the Dream 3 times and have had to complain about it twice :eek: and I have to say I have never made a complaint about any other holiday.

I think St Piran is being ironic :confused: I think he means that Celebration is for adults only, not that he has been banned from the Celebration :confused: or I hope that is the case :eek: Am I right St Piran?

I also prefer the Majesty and have booked another cruise on her in October. I have been on the Dream 3 times and have had to complain about it twice :eek: and I have to say I have never made a complaint about any other holiday.

Silly me! Humble apologies St Piran.

Yes I was being ironic! Or at least I attempted to be!! My daughter is absolutely lovely and her only crime is being a teenager. She wouldn't get banned from anywhere!!! It looks like Majesty will be doing just what we wanted with Venice, Rome and Dubrovnik all possible on a two week cruise in the school holidays. Would love to know more about the differences to Celebration and Dream as we have done these before. Dream again this summer

Thanks all and sorry to worry anyone about my beautiful daughter. She will be dressed to the nines for Captains cocktail party

We went on Dream and Majesty last year, so my opinion :)

Food - better on Majesty

Entertainment - better on Majesty

Theatre - bigger on Dream, but Majesty has two show lounges, so more choice really.

Cabins - much bigger on Dream, but lots have dark wood, which, in my opinion, make then a bit depressing. Majesty cabins are small, in fact the standard ones are VERY small, but quite well designed. If you choose Majesty, be sure to have a plus cabin.

Staff - wonderful as on all the Thomson ships

Not been on Celebration for a while so can't compare :(

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

I like the Dream and am very disappointed that things like food and entertainment are so much better on Majesty, so could easily be just as good on the Dream.

We were in an outside plus on the Dream, Linda. I was worried about the dark wood paneling before we went but the spacious cabin more than made up for it.

Having said that, I can see how people are disappointed with the Dream refurb as she could be doing with a lot of money being spent on her.

In terms of the hardware, the dining room, the show lounge, the spacious lounges, the pool decks, the wonderful promenade deck and the lovely area on deck 10, the Dream could be my perfect ship with a proper refurb.

Dream is having a refurb in the Sirens Restaurant in October.

Are they intending to do this whilst people are on board??? The Dream sails throughout October and November.

She does have a one week repositioning break from 27th November until 4 December which may just be time for a ´little´ refurb work to be done.

If it is October it will be interesting to see if we notice much difference when we are on the Dream in November.

Edited by campolady

Are they intending to do this whilst people are on board??? The Dream sails throughout October and November.

She does have a one week repositioning break from 27th November until 4 December which may just be time for a ´little´ refurb work to be done.

If it is October it will be interesting to see if we notice much difference when we are on the Dream in November.

We were told this on board by a waiter in Sirens. He said he would not be on the ship then and that people would be brought in to do it. I just took his word for it. Perhaps he got his months mixed up? But he definitely said October. Tbo I didn't check the dates when Dream would not be cruising. It makes more sense for it to be done 27th November to 4th December.