Please Help w/BA 30th Anniversary Dinner Plans

Hello Fellow Cruisers!~~~

DH and I are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary on Monday, May 12 onboard the Breakaway and I can't decide where to have dinner. :o:confused:

Since we are in an S6 cabin, I had originally planned on dining in the Haven. This will be our first cruise in a Haven suite and the suite guests will be having cocktails with the captain in the Haven around 5pm, so dinner there seemed like a no-brainer. But then I read here that the food isn't all that great.

So I recently booked Cagney's. Now I'm reading posts that say Cagney's isn't all that great either.

Le Bistro looks intriguing, but is it 30th anniversary-worthy?

Our favorite foods are filet mignon and seafood. We don't eat lamb or veal.

I purchased the UDP after they included Cirque, but now I'm second guessing that too. :confused: (I'm not sure we'll need it.) But I do like the idea of not paying any more surcharges once we board.

I plan on having at least one dinner on our balcony while we're docked in Bermuda.

So I welcome all opinions and thank you for taking the time. (Everyone should have such a conundrum, eh?)

Ali

Hello Fellow Cruisers!~~~

DH and I are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary on Monday, May 12 onboard the Breakaway and I can't decide where to have dinner. :o:confused:

Since we are in an S6 cabin, I had originally planned on dining in the Haven. This will be our first cruise in a Haven suite and the suite guests will be having cocktails with the captain in the Haven around 5pm, so dinner there seemed like a no-brainer. But then I read here that the food isn't all that great.

So I recently booked Cagney's. Now I'm reading posts that say Cagney's isn't all that great either.

Le Bistro looks intriguing, but is it 30th anniversary-worthy?

Our favorite foods are filet mignon and seafood. We don't eat lamb or veal.

I purchased the UDP after they included Cirque, but now I'm second guessing that too. :confused: (I'm not sure we'll need it.) But I do like the idea of not paying any more surcharges once we board.

I plan on having at least one dinner on our balcony while we're docked in Bermuda.

So I welcome all opinions and thank you for taking the time. (Everyone should have such a conundrum, eh?)

Ali

Most people will probably end up saying Le Bistro. I had never been until a couple weeks ago and it was great. My DS and I shared the beef for two which has an additional charge but from what I recall reading it is covered under the UDP.

The Haven was great for us - large filet - wish we had gone more than once. Cagney's was not good - more related to lack of service than food.

Le Bistro is probably the most romantic (besides dinner on your balcony) and has excellent beef and seafood entrees (IMHO), plus the great extra charge entrees are included in the UDP. Be sure to tell the concierge (Adrian) how special the dinner is, and ask him to request a great table for you. Cagney's is also very good, but is much less romantic. For a truly memorable meal, Ocean Blue has both ambience and great food, but was not filling when we dined there last May (I have heard that since then they have been adding vegetables to make their entrees more filling??). It is not included in the UDP (discounted) but would be a beautiful place for a special meal. Modernos has excellent food, but is not very romantic at all (those pesky waiters constantly bringing meat around and disturbing you :D).

Enjoy!

Robin

Le Bistro. Quieter romantic setting and to me the better filet and appetizers. Do mention your anniversary plans to the concierge for idea. Alternative, have Le Bistro dinner delivered to you balcony.

Maybe combine dinner in suite with a butler drawn bath service and of course flowers.

Thank you so much for the ideas. :)

I didn't realize Cagney's wasn't very romantic. We dined at Jefferson's Bistro on POA a few years ago and were quite underwhelmed.

I've considered Ocean Blue but don't want to pay the extra fee.

I now feel confident in booking Le Bistro. I've had my eye on several of their appetizers for quite awhile now. Mmmmmm....mushroom soup, mussels, scallops, snails for DH, and a great steak. And one of us can get the lobster. Done, done and done. :D

I wouldn't dream of a butler-drawn bath without Ben!

Again, many thanks!

Thank you so much for the ideas. :)

I didn't realize Cagney's wasn't very romantic. We dined at Jefferson's Bistro on POA a few years ago and were quite underwhelmed.

I've considered Ocean Blue but don't want to pay the extra fee.

I now feel confident in booking Le Bistro. I've had my eye on several of their appetizers for quite awhile now. Mmmmmm....mushroom soup, mussels, scallops, snails for DH, and a great steak. And one of us can get the lobster. Done, done and done. :D

I wouldn't dream of a butler-drawn bath without Ben!

Again, many thanks!

The mussels at Le Bistro are absolutely superb.. The pot never leaves the table until someone has used bread to sop up every single drop of the broth lol.. Have fun!

Robin

Maybe combine dinner in suite with a butler drawn bath service and of course flowers.

BEN! Who knew you were such a romantic! :eek::D

!

Le Bistro is a perfect choice. And you can get the chocolate fondue for two and dip your fruit in chocolate and feed it your DH. :p

BEN! Who knew you were such a romantic! :eek::D

:o blushes

Le Bistro is a perfect choice. And you can get the chocolate fondue for two and dip your fruit in chocolate and feed it your DH. :p

OMG Yes! The chocolate fondue rocks! And they sometimes give you chocolate truffles. Dipping them in the fondue is chocolate dipped in chocolate heaven.

Edited by kylenyc

Uh.......can the butler deliver that? :eek::D

The chocolate fondue... Sure it's a regular item on Le Bistro's menu and it's butler's job to serve you. I don't know if it's always the same chocolate truffles/bon bons on the Le Bistro's in every ship that serve at the end of dinner.