Past prices

NorthernOntario

I don't. It wouldn't matter anyway. Past price is not a reliable indicator of what the price will be when you need to purchase a ticket.

If you want a general idea of what your routing costs, just do a search and see what it pulls up. Again, this may have no relationship to what price you may end up paying.

Does anyone know if there is a website that keeps track of past flights for various airlines and the cost of flights?

Thanks!

Not one that goes back very far, because every flight carries many different fares depending on the fare categories offered/sold, and the information is regarded as proprietary by the airlines.

http://www.faredetective.com/farehistory/ can give you a one-year look-back on some routes, but it's very important to understand that airfares are set dynamically by very sophisticated computer programs owned by the airlines, so looking to the past is even less reliable than it is with stock prices.

Do you look at the prices of old cars before you go to the new car showroom to buy a car?

No. not necessarily. I just wanted a general idea more for curiosity sake.

Hope I didn't offend anyone by asking?

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Forums mobile app

Not one that goes back very far, because every flight carries many different fares depending on the fare categories offered/sold, and the information is regarded as proprietary by the airlines.

http://www.faredetective.com/farehistory/ can give you a one-year look-back on some routes, but it's very important to understand that airfares are set dynamically by very sophisticated computer programs owned by the airlines, so looking to the past is even less reliable than it is with stock prices.

Thank you Gardyloo, I will have a look.

Like I said, its just for curiosity. I am also trying to determine flight times that use to be available on certain days. Just for comparison.

Thank you again.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Forums mobile app