What to do when your ship leaves at 2?

chauncy's wife

Would appreciate some input from those of you that have struggled with what to do when your ship leaves so early & you feel an all inclusive is a waste of money. Last time, my DH & I went to Nohoch Kay & had a wonderful time but I felt like it was a waste of money because to get your money's worth, you need to get up at the crack of dawn to get there & who wants to start drinking that early in the morning. I'd love to do Almaplena for the snorkeling this go round but that means having to get up earlier than I'd like and again to get my money back, DH & I would need to start drinking by 8 am. I've thought about just hanging out at the port but that seems so unappealing for some reason. We're not interested in the ruins (been there done that) and would like either a beach club or excursion that we can take the kids on & not feel rushed because of the limited time. I don't think I'm interested in Tropicante or Maya Chan because of the sea grass. Any ideas specifically dealing with what are good options when you need to be back on board by 1:30 & that doesn't include waking up before 8 am?

Any of the beach clubs along the malecon, where Nohoch Kaye is would work. They're pay-as-you go. You'll probably need reservations at Tropicante, but that's not a charged fee. I believe Tequila Beach, the first bus stop from the port, has the most water toys available, but this might have changed. There's generally an extra fee for use of water toys. But you don't have to feel like you're rushed to get there, just keep an eye on the time and grab a taxi back about 1/2 half hour before the ship wants you back on board.

But outside of that, it's pretty much the cruise port, ruins, or an AI, if you don't want to spend the $ on a ship excursion to the beach, the ruins, or atving along the beach.