Jeep and Beach Adventure- Royal Caribbean

KristyM79

The Jeep and Beach Adventure offered by Royal Caribbean looks fun. Has anyone ever done this and if so, could you provide feedback? Were there any challenges driving the jeep through the mountains, bad traffic, etc? Also, I couldn't find anything on White Sand Beach. Is the beach worth going to or am I really missing out by not going to Magen's Bay?

Cruise ships rename things quite often. I think they do it to give the impression that their excursion is new or different, and sometimes the local name isn't memorable. Turtle Cove on St Thomas was Buck Island when I first went years ago.

We went to Magens Bay a few years ago. It was packed out with people and you had to rent anything you wanted to use.. IE chairs.

Most people hang out in front of the concessions area. Had you walked down the beach, you would have found more space. Were you surprised that you had to rent chairs??

Good, better, best are all very subjective. ;) Magens is a long beach (for the Virgin Islands) with a sandy, gentle entry into the water. There are no houses or hotels along it. It has a concession area ( burgers and pizza place, bar), servers on the beach, bath houses, non-motorized water toys, picnic tables. It is great for bobbing and floating, however, there are better places for snorkeling.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We did this tour last year with our 9 year old granddaughter, it was wonderful. Started off with some sightseeing & photo opportunities of the island. Stopped for a brief shopping / walking around town. Then off the Mullet Bay, one of the prettiest beaches I've seen. Yes we saw both sides of island..I would recommend it

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd post this, since this thread did not come up with any true answer for the original poster.

We are interested in this tour too, and I found this on one of the RCI links:

The St. Thomas Jeep and Beach Adventure is an enjoyable way to see the sights of St. Thomas, just as the islanders do, but on this excursion you can do the driving! If not, you can sit back and enjoy the sites, just let one of the other guests do the driving.

Guests are met at the ship by their tour guide and are walked a short distance to where the Jeep Wranglers are located. The caravan loads up and heads off to the beaches and mountain views along a route that covers 32 miles of a 13 mile-long island! Two of the best beaches on St. Thomas are visited. One is on the Caribbean side named John Brewers Bay, and the other Sapphire Beach, which faces the Atlantic. Combined, you'll enjoy over an hour and 10 minutes of swimming time. The tour guide will point to the local fruits and flowers and tell of the history, and there may be a brief stop at a local pottery shop (when open) along the way. All ages are welcomed and this tour is especially good for photography!

Note: Guests wishing to drive a vehicle must be 25 years or older with a valid driver's license. Bring camera, towel, cover-up and sunscreen.