2 Princess ships in San Pedro today... how was ir?

Cruiserkenn

From the bridge cams, it seems that both the Crown and the Star are in San Pedro today.

I have sailed from San Pedro several times now, but always with only one ship there.

I wonder how embarkation and debarkation were, with two ships there?

Anyone know?

From the bridge cams' date=' it seems that both the Crown and the Star are in San Pedro today.

I have sailed from San Pedro several times now, but always with only one ship there.

I wonder how embarkation and debarkation were, with two ships there?

Anyone know?[/quote']

The piers in San Pedro can handle 2 ships just fine, and have for many many years.

The OP was asking about 2 ships docking in San Pedro at the same time, not about any issues with whats happening today regarding delayed boarding.

OP asked how embarkation went today. I think the executive summary for Star would be late, but orderly (no crowds on the sidewalk when we passed through shortly before 2:00 pm) and Crown was a complete cluster***, with a line that stretched to the end of the done where the third ship used to berth before USS Iowa came to town.

That is not the norm, however. Had both ships not been doing some deep cleaning, it likely would have been timely and smooth at both berths. We've embarked many times with two or even three ships in prt and have never seen anything like today.

And poor Celelbrity Century was docked out at berth 46 since there's no longer room for a third ship in the main terminal area.

We've been in San Pedro with a second Princess ship before. And with up to three ships at the same time. And just whatever ship we were leaving on. I really don't think the number of ships always makes a difference in embarkation and disembarktion.

I'm guessing the Crown's problems with sickness this past week may have caused any delays in regards to it.