Price drop question

I think I know the answer but just double checking. Are price drops sailing-wide, or done by category? If a certain category sells out there will be no more price drops for that category, since there are no more available rooms, right? At that point you would want to watch for a price drop in the category above to get an upgrade, correct?

Hmm - if your category is sold out - you can not get a price drop

If an "upgrade" category is available for a price that is lower or just a bit more than your paying you can always call to change your res. Is this what you mean.

You can always watch pricing to make a change.

I think I know the answer but just double checking. Are price drops sailing-wide, or done by category? If a certain category sells out there will be no more price drops for that category, since there are no more available rooms, right? At that point you would want to watch for a price drop in the category above to get an upgrade, correct?

Price drops can be sailing wide, some categories, or just one category. It all depends on how each category is selling. I've seen transatlantic cruises where the suites are all sold out, and they still have price drops on the insides.

I agree that it's good to watch better categories for the chance to upgrade for little or no extra cost.