Skagway, helicopter and dog sledding !

Emilyethanmom

Help, we are taking our son for the helicopter ride and dog sleeping, just wonder we will be Skagway on May 27th, I booked the tour at 8:45am. should I book the later tour at 10:50am because I saw on the forum this tour has higher chance to get cancelled due to weather issue. Which one is more recommend to book the 8:45am or the 10:50am? I know it's hard to tell but please let me know base on your experience. Thanks:)

IMHO with weather it can be hit miss with clouds. Sometimes early is good sometimes late. I struggled with this decisions as well and went for the first flight of the day. There was lots of grumbling as we walked from the port to the airport, much further than we thought. We got sunny and clouds can I later in the day, ymmv. Advantage of early is if it is cancelled you have the whole morning for other tours and stuff you can pre book as well. Goodluck a pricey but wel worth once a lifetime excursion

Edited by chipmaster

IF this is a priority, far better is to book the tour at your first opportunity, Seward, Juneau or Skagway. Then immediately call the next port and see if any availability. It is rare to be able to be rescheduled the same day, but it is simple math that the earlier you go the more possibilities you have.

What you are concerned about is pure MYTH. Foul weather can and does happen ANY time. There is no way to predict either, and it doesn't matter what weather there was in the past.

Again, if you want the MOST possibilities I have listed the advice above. Otherwise, book where it fits YOUR schedule best.