Allure cabin questions

We were in a Family Oceanview/balcony. Room #11172. Just about four rooms aft of the forward elevators. Our room was very comfortable, even a bit too cool in the afternoons. Bed was by the closet, but dd was in the fold out couch by the balcony door and she was also plenty cool. In the winter, I keep my house at 64 in the summer at about 73. I do NOT like to be hot.

Deck 10 RFS in mid September was not noticeably warm. This was with 6 people opening both the balcony and cabin doors almost nonstop.

Our preferred summer nightime temps are "as cool as possible" (I'd prefer around 65-68, but that seldom gets approval by the bill-payer).

I wonder if those who are not use to humidity are the ones having a harder time feeling cool without an additional fan.

I live in Florida and lived 22 years south Florida and used to humidity.

It appears so far that those who have suites seem not to have ac problems just like momof3cruisers....lets keep this going, just need more people to answer.

;)

It appears so far that those who have suites seem not to have ac problems just like momof3cruisers....lets keep this going, just need more people to answer.

;)

Incorrect. I had a GS on Allure and had lots of issues with getting it cold enough to sleep. This was with the balcony doors always closed and the curtains closed much of the time. There are sensors on the balcony doors so they know if they are open and they acknowledged they knew that I was indeed keeping mine closed.

We have had cabins on decks 6, 7 and 8 on both Allure and Oasis in the past 4 years. I have noticed it gets a bit warmer in the evenings. So I always turn the thermostat down a bit further before we head out for our evening activities and by the time we return around 10 or 11 the room is cooler.

is a fan an "allowed" item? Did you bring it in your carry on or pack it in your suitcase?

I hope there aren't any handymen messing with popping the thermostat covers off on my cruise - I don't want to be locating my lifevest/lifeboat due to a fire because someone wanted the temp to be 60.

is a fan an "allowed" item? Did you bring it in your carry on or pack it in your suitcase?

I hope there aren't any handymen messing with popping the thermostat covers off on my cruise - I don't want to be locating my lifevest/lifeboat due to a fire because someone wanted the temp to be 60.

My little fan was in my carry-on, has rubber blades, it is the cutest thing, runs by batteries and is the size of a TV remote. Did the trick. $1.00. The person with the 12" fan, maybe they will answer you.

My house is 69 in the winter, drops to 64 at night...in the summer it is 71, increases to 74 during the night. We have our share of humidity in MA during the summer, and no, I don't like it, but it certainly shouldn't be humid in your air conditioned cabin while sailing the Caribbean. So I'll take my fan.

I have brought a fan with me for all 12 sailings I've taken. Never had my luggage held or it taken from me. It goes in my checked baggage. Can't sleep without a fan noise. So it's both for sleeping and cooling down my cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums