Summer 2016 Med Itineraries?

woodsroy

When can we expect this info to be released? My family and I were hoping to do the Grand Med itinerary on the Spirit, but from my understanding it will be in North America by then. Will NCL only have the Epic in the Med? If so, surely they won't limit themselves to Western Med?

All this waiting is killing me.:D

The Epic will be doing 10, 11 and 12 days Mediterranean cruises - similar to the ones the Spirit did. The release of most itineraries for bookings in summer 2016 are delayed - hopefully they will be ready by the end of this month (that is what my PCC said).

Edited by TrumpyNOR

When can we expect this info to be released? My family and I were hoping to do the Grand Med itinerary on the Spirit, but from my understanding it will be in North America by then. Will NCL only have the Epic in the Med? If so, surely they won't limit themselves to Western Med?

We had the same disappointment. We were originally planning a fall 2015 on the Spirit for a 12-day grand med, but life is getting in the way. :(

Just part of the Press Release from NCL website

Press Releases - Mar 12, 2014

Norwegian Jade repositions from Europe to Houston, Texas and will sail seven-day Western Caribbean cruises. From November 14, 2015 through April 9, 2016, guests will have the opportunity to visit Cozumel, Mexico; Roatán, Bay Islands, Honduras; and Norwegian's brand new destination, Harvest Caye, Belize.

Full Press Release here:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_031214A

I think the question the OP was looking for an answer won't be until October when they announce the Summer 2016 itineraries if in April 2016 Spirit and Jade return for the Summer in the Med.

Epic is too big for some of those med ports so can see at least one if not both returning Summer 2016.

We had been planning on the Canary Islands and Casablanca cruise on the Spirit. It looks like the Epic is stopping in Tangier instead of Casablanca. We're hoping the Spirit comes back to the Med for that reason.

• 6 months later...

SPIRIT and EPIC will most likely make the same summer itineraries in 2016 like the years before. I have found both of them on Port of Rome's arrival list for 2016: http://www.portidiroma.it/en/content/ship-arrivals-and-departures

SPIRIT and EPIC will most likely make the same summer itineraries in 2016 like the years before. I have found both of them on Port of Rome's arrival list for 2016: http://www.portidiroma.it/en/content/ship-arrivals-and-departures

Thanks for the information. I am interesting on the Star to see if it will be doing the Baltics run in 2016. It departs from Coppenhangen and goes to St. Petersburg, Sweden and other places.

Thanks

Thanks for the information. I am interesting on the Star to see if it will be doing the Baltics run in 2016. It departs from Coppenhangen and goes to St. Petersburg, Sweden and other places.

Thanks

That is exactly the information i was looking for originally. :) Even for us the baltic is on the bucket list for 2016 as well as our all time favourite, the greek island itinerary out of Venice. Will it be the STAR out of Copenhagen and the JADE out of Venice again? I am curious what to come. Likely in december we will know.

I've been waiting to book another European cruise since June, and need it for October 2016. My PCC is telling me December sometime. But, in checking other cruiselines for that timeframe, nothing comes up either.:rolleyes: So, I do hope NCL will have some eastern med itineraries. I certainly understand the caution NCL and the others must take given the situation in the Ukraine, and Turkey, especially in the southern region with the ISIS situation, and passenger safety is there first concern, but I sure would like to know if the Epic and Spirit will be the only ships on this side of the Atlantic for the 2016 season.

That is exactly the information i was looking for originally. :) Even for us the baltic is on the bucket list for 2016 as well as our all time favourite, the greek island itinerary out of Venice. Will it be the STAR out of Copenhagen and the JADE out of Venice again? I am curious what to come. Likely in december we will know.

I agree with you regarding the Star and Jade. Also, I would not be surprised if NCL sends a fifth ship to Europe during the summer of 2016. Escape will be joining the fleet in late 2015 and I am not sure if NCL will have both Escape and Getaway doing the Caribbean since NCL doesn't like to do Caribbean runs during the summer during to hurricanes.

Here are my predictions for summer 2016

Jewel, Sun, and Pearl - Alaska

Star, Jade, Epic, Spirit - Europe

Dawn - Bermuda (from Boston)

Gem - Bahamas (from NYC)

Breakaway - Bermuda (from NYC)

Getaway - Caribbean

Sky - Bahamas (from Miami)

Pride of America - Hawaii

Escape - Caribbean or Europe?. It would not surprise me if they move Escape to Boston to do Bermuda and move the Dawn to Europe.

Any feedback?

Edited by jmele999

As Getaway, Escape will also be sailing year-round from Miami.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_031214A

Thanks. Does that mean that NCL will have two of their biggest ships, Getaway and Escape sailing from Miami during the summer. As far as I know, this is a first for NCL.

Thanks. Does that mean that NCL will have two of their biggest ships, Getaway and Escape sailing from Miami during the summer. As far as I know, this is a first for NCL.

No, Epic is bigger than Getaway. ;)

But yes, they will have the two newest ships in Miami also during the summer.

Boston is supposed to get a different ship, so I don't think she will stay during the summer. Hoping Gem ventures north to replace her.

So if the Gem is leaving is New York, they are going to need another ship in NYC. As I mentioned before, I can see them moving one of the bigger ship to Boston since the Boston - Bermuda run has been doing very well. Two big ships each having 3 days at seas generates a lot of revenue for NCL. After all, the idea behind the newer ships is that they are going to become the destination.

Thanks

Just found the STAR on the cruise call list of Geiranger/Hellesylt Fjord, Norway in 2016. So now it seems that the STAR will make the baltic itineraries.

http://www.stranda-hamnevesen.no/GeirangerfjordenCPGD2016