Crab Shack/Horizon Court question

Party Teacher

We will be on the Grand in early July and would like to experience the Crab Shack. However, one of us doesn't enjoy seafood and would like to do the buffet instead. Is it possible for all of us to eat at the same table in the Crab Shack area of HC?

We just got off the Emerald a week ago and did the Crab Shack. They actually used the Caribe Buffet seating for it but the Horizon court was still open. Not sure if they would allow you to bring in food from the other buffet but it won't hurt to ask. We only went once over our 10 days, that had it 3 days, but wish I did it again. WELL worth the 20 dollar cover.

We specifically asked this question of the head waiter and we're told we couldn't have DH just go to the Horizon Court Buffet for his dinner and join me in the Crab Shack. I ended up going on a Ladies Night Out with some of the ship's officers, and one of them was allergic to shellfish and did exactly that. So I'm not certain of the answer. I do know that the amount of food served is a lot even for two people, and the dinner service is definitely geared to couples or groups. We left so much food...I would love to have some of that wonderful seafood right now!

Also just off Emerald a couple weeks ago. They sectioned off half of the Caribe Café seating area and converted it into a specialty restaurant with controlled access.

The meal service is targeted at couples or larger groups. Each person selects an individual appetizer and dessert but the main course is served "for two" as a shared item in a very large bowl/platter. My wife & I are huge seafood lovers but couldn't finish all they served us. We left about a quarter of what was served.

There was a family group (about 8-10) with two small children. The kids were not given the option to order "off menu" or bring in food from other venues. They quickly became bored and . . . . .

We really enjoyed the food and thought it was well worth the up-charge. However, it isn't an environment for small kids and it might be helpful to some if the menu made it clear that the main course would be a shared dish vs. two individual servings.

Enjoy!

Edited by MSN-Travelers

Four of us went to the Crab Shack on the Grand. It was held in the aft portion of the HC that is separate from the rest of the HC. We were seated in the back of that area near the sliding doors to the Horizon Terrace. Due to dietary restrictions two of us couldn't have the clam chowder. They went out that door and fixed salads in the HC. Didn't coordinate with the head waiter but just worked with our waiter. Getting a whole meal from the HC could be more of a issue. BTW, on the Grand the desserts change nightly and are the same as served in the HC that night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for posting this question! I had the very same one...we have a group of 8 and there is 1 who is allergic to shellfish. We weren't sure if she was going to be able to grab food at the buffet and join us.

We'll be on the Golden in May. Hope to see more responses!