Splendor vs Liberty?

travel33

Hi Everyone,

I already have a booking for the Splendor in June (have done this itinerary before on the Miracle). Chose this sailing as I thought we would have a chance to head to Montreal after to visit family. Since that now won't be able to happen, I noticed the Liberty leaving from Port Canaveral just a few days later with a couple of ports we've never been to ( Aruba & Curacao ). I have 2 boy's 11&16 who will be with DH and I. The younger one likes to play ping pong which looks like is inside on the Splendor, and maybe outside on the Liberty? Would love any insight on the 2 ships. We also love the shows at night and the comedians, and would like ATD, which we presently have on the Splendor.

Thanks in advance, Karen :)

I've never been on EITHER ship, however, based on what I've read here about BOTH ships, I would say Liberty.

First of all, it's two new ports.

Secondly, Liberty has all of the 2.0 upgrades, which Splendor has none of.

Liberty is CONSTANTLY getting rave reviews.

Splendor, not so much.

Good Luck, and let us know what you decide:D:D

The liberty was fantastic. We got off the 12th. Our room steward was great and Mycola was one of the nicest blackjack dealers I have ever had. Our experience was great. Just make sure you eat early cause there aren't many options late. Pizza is good but after 7 days of it it gets old.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been on Splendor, but not Liberty. With that being said, Splendor was ok even though the decor is hideous. Cruising is not so much about the ship, but where you are going, who you are with and what you make of it.

Because of the upgrades Liberty has I would go on Liberty vs. Splendor also it looks like some ports I have never been to before that would intrigue me. Go with your heart and enjoy your cruise no matter what you decide.

I have been on each ship 2 times Doing the Liberty for a 3rd time in September.

Both trips on the Splendor have had ship issues. We did have a Spa Cabin on the last Splendor sailing last December (2012). Loved it.

My heart belongs to the Liberty. It just has everything we want on a ship. Actually we never have to get off at ports. It is beautiful and the crew has always been awesome.

But we feel a cruise is what YOU make of it. You can read 100s of reviews but until you board and start your cruise can you experience the ship.

Have fun whatever you pick. I am sure you will have a ball. After all you will be on a cruise.

We have sailed on the Splendor from New York and loved it, but we are really looking forward to our upcoming cruise on the Liberty. The Southern Caribbean itinerary which includes Aruba & Curacao intrigued us, and having the final stop at Grand Turk sealed the deal.

We have sailed on the Splendor from New York and loved it, but we are really looking forward to our upcoming cruise on the Liberty. The Southern Caribbean itinerary which includes Aruba & Curacao intrigued us, and having the final stop at Grand Turk sealed the deal.

Thanks for everyone's input. Jamman, read your review of the Splendor, and loved it! Was about to go out and get a camera like you had because of your terrific pics :) I think the ports look awesome also, and it will be nice to visit a couple of different islands. DH and DS are planning on scuba diving, so it will be nice for DH to have somewhere he hasn't dived before. Trying to remember from your pics whether the beach is right near the dock in Grand Turk? Was there 3 years ago and went on an excursion, but can't seem to remember!

We decided to switch over to the Liberty, so had to pay a little penalty, but they have a pay for ocean view get a balcony sale, and ended up saving $300. anyway :D

I totally agree that a cruise is what you make of it, and my last 3 (2 on Carnival) have been terrific. When I told my son we had switched ships, he immediately wanted to make sure we were still on Carnival :p

Thanks for everyone's input. Jamman, read your review of the Splendor, and loved it! Was about to go out and get a camera like you had because of your terrific pics :) I think the ports look awesome also, and it will be nice to visit a couple of different islands. DH and DS are planning on scuba diving, so it will be nice for DH to have somewhere he hasn't dived before. Trying to remember from your pics whether the beach is right near the dock in Grand Turk? Was there 3 years ago and went on an excursion, but can't seem to remember!

We decided to switch over to the Liberty, so had to pay a little penalty, but they have a pay for ocean view get a balcony sale, and ended up saving $300. anyway :D

I totally agree that a cruise is what you make of it, and my last 3 (2 on Carnival) have been terrific. When I told my son we had switched ships, he immediately wanted to make sure we were still on Carnival :p

Yep, the beach in Grand Turk is right next to the ship. We will be renting a cabana at Margaritaville as always, but planning to stroll down to Jack's Shack for lunch and a few drinks.

A417.JPG

Funny, but the Splendor will be at Grand Turk the same day as we are, but we get there an hour before they do, and they leave an hour before we do!! I'm sure it will be quite crowded. In all the times I've been to GT, this will be the first time we will be there with another ship.

Still haven't decided on what we are going to do in Aruba and Curacao. So many choices!!!

Edited by Jamman54

Sailed Triumph in 01, Paradise 03, Liberty in 08, Liberty in 10, again in 12, Dream last year, and Liberty booked again for this year..... Wanna guess which has been by far my favorite Carnival ship?

Edited by chascougs

Sailed Triumph in 01, Paradise 03, Liberty in 08, Liberty in 10, again in 12, Dream last year, and Liberty booked again for this year..... Wanna guess which has been by far my favorite Carnival ship?

Definitely feel like I made the right decision, especially after seeing how many times you've been on it :D

Yep, the beach in Grand Turk is right next to the ship. We will be renting a cabana at Margaritaville as always, but planning to stroll down to Jack's Shack for lunch and a few drinks.

A417.JPG

Funny, but the Splendor will be at Grand Turk the same day as we are, but we get there an hour before they do, and they leave an hour before we do!! I'm sure it will be quite crowded. In all the times I've been to GT, this will be the first time we will be there with another ship.

Still haven't decided on what we are going to do in Aruba and Curacao. So many choices!!!

Thanks Jamman, you are definitely a wealth of information! Are the chairs on the beach free, or do you have to rent them? Thinking since my 11 yr old and I don't scuba dive, we may try the submarine in Aruba. Sounds kind of cool, and I don't have to get wet :D Have to check what other ships will be in port with us. Checked yesterday, but that was for the Splendor which we're no longer going on....

Thanks Jamman, you are definitely a wealth of information! Are the chairs on the beach free, or do you have to rent them? Thinking since my 11 yr old and I don't scuba dive, we may try the submarine in Aruba. Sounds kind of cool, and I don't have to get wet :D Have to check what other ships will be in port with us. Checked yesterday, but that was for the Splendor which we're no longer going on....

Loungers are free, clamshells are rented, not sure of the cost.