Alaska cruise pricing

krev

Just curious on the Alaska cruise pricing, we have paid the same for a 16 night Med cruise as they are advertising a 7 night Alaska. Seems crazy to me?

If there's still room on the ship just prior to sail date does the price usually have a drastic drop? We have three weeks off in July and live close to two cruise ports, if the price was right we'd consider hopping on.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Our experience with Alaska cruises was that the price for a balcony and JS pretty much stayed the same. This was for mid-June. The JS price for a 7 day Alaska cruise was significantly more expensive than a 7 day Caribbean cruise.

Our experience with Alaska cruises was that the price for a balcony and JS pretty much stayed the same. This was for mid-June. The JS price for a 7 day Alaska cruise was significantly more expensive than a 7 day Caribbean cruise.

Thank you, I don't particularly want to go to Alaska but if the price was right! We are very fortunate to live in Victoria so a lot of the Alaskan scenery (by photos I've seen) appears to be similar. We can see eagles everyday and the last time we kayaked two Orcas swam right beside us!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I will say I'm planning to book Alaska for next May/early June and when the first prices came out for JS or above they were much cheaper than they are right now. Sorry, don't know about closer to sail date. I do believe Princess prices have dropped and they usually have sales.

I will say I'm planning to book Alaska for next May/early June and when the first prices came out for JS or above they were much cheaper than they are right now. Sorry, don't know about closer to sail date. I do believe Princess prices have dropped and they usually have sales.

For Alaska,I have received better pricing on Princess. They have more ships to fill on the routes. That said, I think they have 1 or 2 less ships this season and I haven't seen the price drops like I had in the past....I'm signed up for their standby (last minute) deals so crossing my fingers for a repeat trip this summer. I'm just hoping it is with a little advance notice as airfare can be crazy high to Anchorage (and even Seattle) from the midwest unless booked at least 3 weeks out.