gym complaint

LOVED my NCL vacations, but I am seeing a theme and I am not happy about it.

Most recent experience first - I tried showing up for the "Total Body Conditioning" class that is free on the pearl. The trainer at the gym said they don't hold the class unless 3 people show up.

Why the heck not? its in the freestyle daily. I showed up, they are there and paid anyway.

Experience 2, Total body conditioning on the epic - I showed up, and they told me a time that was different than in the freestyle daily. When I brought it to their attention, on day 1 it was wrong they said, nope it’s at X time. But when it happened later in the week, and others were standing around and not just me, they scrambled and started 15min late, but still ended less than the full-time allotted.

I love the gyms they have on these ships, they are very nice, but I don't like all the pay classes. And if a class is going to be free, don't make arbitrary rules around number of participants.

Ok vent over, still LOVE my NCL vacations!!

Most recent experience first - I tried showing up for the "Total Body Conditioning" class that is free on the pearl. The trainer at the gym said they don't hold the class unless 3 people show up.

Why the heck not? its in the freestyle daily. I showed up, they are there and paid anyway.

Experience 2, Total body conditioning on the epic - I showed up, and they told me a time that was different than in the freestyle daily. When I brought it to their attention, on day 1 it was wrong they said, nope it’s at X time. But when it happened later in the week, and others were standing around and not just me, they scrambled and started 15min late, but still ended less than the full-time allotted.

I love the gyms they have on these ships, they are very nice, but I don't like all the pay classes. And if a class is going to be free, don't make arbitrary rules around number of participants.

Just wondering, how was the class? I'm trying to be more healthy and looking for which classes to try on my upcoming cruise.

Everyone has a right to vent now and then, I don't blame you. The 3 person requirement, that I can buy, but your second experience nope. Anyway, better luck next time and I am glad you still enjoyed your cruise.

I totally agree that a free class should be held regardless, and that goes for land based gyms also.

Since it is free it is not the source of salaries.

On another note I really object to there being any charge for gym classes on a cruise. I would be tempted to try one if they were included.

I did the class on the epic. It was good. It was boot camp style meets training session. So the name total body conditioning made sense.

I refuse to pay for classes as well. I will train alone in the gym before I pay for a class. I tend to run a lot on the cruises because I love the fresh air. My mantra is "must earn pretzel sticks and ice cream"