Examples of snacks for suites

SissasMomE

What are some things you have requested for snacks in your suite? We were brought Canapes, a tray of petit fours, and chocolate covered strawberries on three different days while on the Getaway (not in a suite. I guess it comes with the latitudes level). We didn't really care for those (well, the strawberries were good) so I'm just wondering what types of snacks we should request? Really just looking for ideas from others as to what they requested in the past. Thanks!

What are some things you have requested for snacks in your suite? We were brought Canapes, a tray of petit fours, and chocolate covered strawberries on three different days while on the Getaway (not in a suite. I guess it comes with the latitudes level). We didn't really care for those (well, the strawberries were good) so I'm just wondering what types of snacks we should request? Really just looking for ideas from others as to what they requested in the past. Thanks!

Here's a start....

In the suite we've asked for......

pretzel rolls

bar mix

gummy bears

m&m's

potatoe chips

cookies

fresh cut up fruit

mozzarella sticks, or any appetizer from a specialty restaurant

Here's a start....

In the suite we've asked for......

pretzel rolls

bar mix

gummy bears

m&m's

potatoe chips

cookies

fresh cut up fruit

mozzarella sticks, or any appetizer from a specialty restaurant

These are great ideas, but is there a charge for those items, especially, the candy and chips…

What is considered a bar mix (how much did you get)?

Lisa

These are great ideas, but is there a charge for those items, especially, the candy and chips…

What is considered a bar mix (how much did you get)?

Lisa

Butler can get you lots of things in the suite, no charge. :)

The bar mix, is what they will give you in the bars if you ask for it on the ship.....has some nuts/pretzels type mixture.

Love this question! We are on Getaway in a suite in June and we're wondering the same thing. Would peanut butter cups and twizzlers be out of the question?

I haven't seen those on the ship.

the M&M's and gummy bears are available in the ice cream section, so that's why I thought to ask about them.

The Haven had gummy bears and M&Ms in the afternoons so we'd always get a few for late evening snacks. I usually bring a can of deluxe mixed nuts on board with me and since we like CocaCola, we bring a couple of cartons of the small cans in a giant ziploc inside a second ziploc and safely padded in one of the suitcases.

Our butler on the Jewel brought us pretzel rolls one afternoon and small club sandwiches another along with plates of cookies a couple of times. Usually there were small canapés or chocolate strawberries. We NEVER went hungry! :)

We like cheese and crackers with our pre-dinner wine, and got our own from the buffet the first night. Our butler noticed, I guess when he cleared the plates.

The second day, and every day after our butler brought cheese and crackers as well as the regularly scheduled snack, without us having to ask, explaining "I noticed you like cheese".

For me, it was the unasked for things that the butler did that absolutely blew me away.

When we were in the family suite with our kids last year, the butler brought the regularly scheduled treats every day. I didn't even know to ask for anything different. Some days we liked the snacks, others not so much. I will be keeping an eye on this list to make requests for our upcoming cruise now that I know we can make requests.

One thing he did bring every day that was great for the kids was a platter of PB&J sandwiches, cut into triangles with no crust. :)

Edited by Djmkab

Our butler on the Sun, Teresa was awesome. Once she found out my mom is diabetic she brought us two plates each evening. One regular and one sugar free. From chocolate dipped strawberries to truffles to cake to cream puff swans. All were incredible.

In the past we also had savory too. Chips and dips, sandwiches, crudités, nuts, etc.

My mom loves a late night snack. It is one of her favorite suite perks.

I love NCL's sliced fruit so I would get one every morning from room service. About day 3, our butler on the Epic noticed this and also started bringing it to me in the afternoon. Love me some fresh fruit! My DH loved the cookies so we also asked for those.

Sailing on the Getaway in a DOS in just under three weeks so I'm keeping a list of all the wonderful ideas!

Our butler on the Sun, Teresa was awesome. Once she found out my mom is diabetic she brought us two plates each evening. One regular and one sugar free. From chocolate dipped strawberries to truffles to cake to cream puff swans. All were incredible.

In the past we also had savory too. Chips and dips, sandwiches, crudités, nuts, etc.

My mom loves a late night snack. It is one of her favorite suite perks.

I'm like that too - just love those late night snacks!

I never eat the treats left so the butler usually stopped bringing them

However, I did bump into the butler when he had a tray of cookies on his way to me and when I told him I didn't like the cookies so I wouldn't eat them he asked me which I liked and every night from then on brought me those

Friends stayed a few doors down and he brought a lot of treats based on what the kids would eat

Very thoughtful

Funny story...last time on the Gem...I followed a suggestion from a CC thread and typed out a list of snacks we like....our butler...brought them ALL every day for two days.:eek:.(until I clarified that we did not need a plate of each one...they were just suggestions he could choose from to bring!!!) He said he just wanted to make us happy:)

On the Dawn a couple of weeks ago, our Butler brought us a platter of sliced fruit and a platter of various mini sandwiches (usually a rotation of : 1/3 blt, 1/3 PBJ, 1/3 tuna salad, 1/3 club)with the center filled with potato chips every day of our cruise.

Then he would work in various plates of cookies, gummy bears, M&M's, cheese and cracker platter, chocolate covered strawberries (probably forgetting a couple of things)with the two everyday platters.

He brought canapes the first few days, and they barely got touched, so he quit.

The final day I requested 2 plates of cookies and a plate of pretzel rolls, so we would have some snacks to eat then and a little to take for the ride home Sunday.

Funny story....

At one point we had so much goodies coming to our room - from CAS, because we were Platinum, because it was my birthday, because a server accidently spilled water on me at dinner (which was no big deal as it dried up quickly!), because, because, because. One day we had 4 plates of goodies plus two plates of chocolate covered strawberries. I put the plate of chocolate covered strawberries outside our door and sure enough, someone gave it a good home and took it with them!

1939442_10152129073857023_4223664_n.jpg.7da3e6c8d8c0a15ac3c765b0801606d1.jpg

Harriet

On the Dawn a couple of weeks ago, our Butler brought us a platter of sliced fruit and a platter of various mini sandwiches (usually a rotation of : 1/3 blt, 1/3 PBJ, 1/3 tuna salad, 1/3 club)with the center filled with potato chips every day of our cruise.

Then he would work in various plates of cookies, gummy bears, M&M's, cheese and cracker platter, chocolate covered strawberries (probably forgetting a couple of things)with the two everyday platters.

He brought canapes the first few days, and they barely got touched, so he quit.

The final day I requested 2 plates of cookies and a plate of pretzel rolls, so we would have some snacks to eat then and a little to take for the ride home Sunday.

Hi there,

In about 50 days, we are heading on the Dawn, I am on the OS and was wondering who your butler was….

Lisa

Funny story....

At one point we had so much goodies coming to our room - from CAS, because we were Platinum, because it was my birthday, because a server accidently spilled water on me at dinner (which was no big deal as it dried up quickly!), because, because, because. One day we had 4 plates of goodies plus two plates of chocolate covered strawberries. I put the plate of chocolate covered strawberries outside our door and sure enough, someone gave it a good home and took it with them!

[ATTACH]310282[/ATTACH]

Harriet

These are all great ideas; I never cared for the "regular snacks." I stayed in the suite category twice and never knew you could ask to change up the snacks… definitely will change it up this time..

thank you for all of the wonderful ideas.

Lisa