Taxes, fees & port expense question

I was pricing out my upcoming cruise on the Royal Caribbean website to see if the price went down any and I noticed that in the "breakdown of the cost" the taxes, fees and port expenses are listed as $182.33 per person.

Now I just looked at my cruise package details from my travel agent and for the taxes, fees and port expenses it has $309.88 per person.

Why would there be such a big difference in the cost of these things from the RCI website and my TA for the same cruise?? :eek:

With my TA, I have gratuities and insurances included in the price of my cruise, but that wouldn't affect the taxes, fees & port charges, would it?

I was pricing out my upcoming cruise on the Royal Caribbean website to see if the price went down any and I noticed that in the "breakdown of the cost" the taxes, fees and port expenses are listed as $182.33 per person.

Now I just looked at my cruise package details from my travel agent and for the taxes, fees and port expenses it has $309.88 per person.

Why would there be such a big difference in the cost of these things from the RCI website and my TA for the same cruise?? :eek:

With my TA, I have gratuities and insurances included in the price of my cruise, but that wouldn't affect the taxes, fees & port charges, would it?

The travel agent displays the cruise costs in a different way, but the total price should be the same. The agent removes NCFs (non-commisionable fees) from the cruise price and lumps them in with taxes and fees. So you should see a lower cruise fare and higher taxes with the agent, but the sum of those should be the same as what is shown on Royal's website.

Edited by clarea