TA question

Funbobby68

Hey all , another quick question , I have always booked cruises with RCL direct , but after a quick internet search , looks like the cruise for next May might be cheaper going with a online TA , my question is should I be nervous about using a TA , always like the control of dealing with RCL direct , are there downsides to using a TA

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Downside if there is a price drop and you call and your TA is not there or you cant get ahold of someone. Royal will not talk to you about the price drop they will only talk to your TA. Then your TA will get you your money back.

My last ta tryed giving me the run around for my upcoming cruise I can tell you I wont be using her again. Even though i did get my price drop.

Hey all , another quick question , I have always booked cruises with RCL direct , but after a quick internet search , looks like the cruise for next May might be cheaper going with a online TA , my question is should I be nervous about using a TA , always like the control of dealing with RCL direct , are there downsides to using a TA

I use a travel agent because she gives me onboard credit and other perks. Besides I do not like dealing directly with RC because I don't feel in control with them at all. Seems in my dealings with them everyone you talk to tells you something different.

I would not be at all nervous about using a TA.

It depends upon the TA. I have used a couple of companies that were trustworthy. One is open on weekends so they will honor price drops.

I used one last year because I was promised extensive OBC, but I got sick and could not take the cruise that was fully paid for. That company would not even give me a copy of the paperwork to submit to my insurance company. I had to send in credit card receipts and the invoices I had that did not reflect the small refunds I was able to get. All I had asked that TA for was an up to date statement of charges and credits.

Thank goodness I had an excellent insurance company because they accepted everything.

If you do use a TA make sure you get EVERYTHING in writing, especially if they promise you that they will do price drops.

People say they want "control" to deal with RCI directly. Why? You never get a straight answer. You likely NEVER get the answer you want the first time. You sit on hold for eons and never seem to get the right person to fix your issue in less than an hour. What control is that? It's a big waste of time and energy.

With a TA I just send them an email and they send me one back when they are done. I spend more time on here making sure about what I am asking for or researching than I do actually dealing with an issue.

So the TA has access / time to deal with issues and gets them resolved with less time spent on my end. As a bonus I get OBC or other perks. My TA always has SOMEONE on staff that can assist in some way.

In booking our last cruise, I was able to book directly with RCCL and they matched the online agency price. The online agency was offering the same price but with onboard credit. The person from RCCL that I spoke with asked me to send a screenshot of the offer (from one of the larger online agencies) and they matched it. It seems like every time you call, you get different answers from different people but it doesn't hurt to ask if RCCL will match.

People say they want "control" to deal with RCI directly. Why? You never get a straight answer. You likely NEVER get the answer you want the first time. You sit on hold for eons and never seem to get the right person to fix your issue in less than an hour. What control is that? It's a big waste of time and energy.

I had only positive experience with RCI, and all questions answered.

RCCL does not allow TA' s to discount. Either the on-line TA is advertising a Group Rate or the rate being shown may not have all Port Fees and Taxes included until the actual booking.

I had only positive experience with RCI, and all questions answered.

Me too , ya have spent a bit of time on hold now and then , but honestly has always been a fine experience