Are you ready?

AKman2495

31 days for me!!! The bears are up and out.....is there a chance to rent a car and drive a ways to see bear? I'm on the Inside Passage cruise coming up. We have all our excursions booked, but there is a lot of extra time in Skagway..

You can rent a car...drive it down to the Alaska zoo or the Alaska wildlife conservation center and I can guarantee you'll see bears..;)

BTW, here's a tip if you want to see bald eagles....take a tour of the Juneau landfill. No kidding they love to hang out there....

Only 22 days left until we go! Can't wait! Have not had a week of vacation since March 2013 so long overdue for some time off. This is our second cruise to Alaska but will be our first that includes Glacier Bay and Skagway. Really looking forward to new experiences on this cruise!

This trip will also have special meaning to me on a personal level having recently recovered from multiple surgeries. I will truly be enjoying every moment of this trip!

Two months and two days until our cruise departs!

...that said, here in SE Michigan, most of our flowers aren't blooming yet. People are teasing me that I'm going to leave when we finally warm up and I keep reminding them that much of southern Alaska was warmer than we were over the winter.