Are you ready?

AKman2495

Well, I was driving around town today and was stopped at a red light when I saw a Princess tour bus drive by....Are you ready for Alaska.....

BTW, it has been a great spring in South Central. Somw is mostly ton, some green grass is starting to show up. Tulips are coming up...and Southeast has been going from a week of sun to weeks or rain....

Be prepared.

Can't wait to return to Alaska. Even though we have been to Alaska multiple times, every journey is different and we are eager to see what new memories we will make during our upcoming June cruise.

Hey, AKman, are you guys ready for all of us? How many visitors come to Alaska every summer?

I'm very ready! I'm so lucky I get to cruise twice this year to your most beautiful part of the world! This will make my ninth and tenth forays up north. Can't get enough of that Alaska cruising:)

We were suppose to go to Alaska last September on Celebrity Millennium, but ours was one that was canceled due to mechanical problems. Now our new trip is planned for June this year again on the Millennium. We are also doing a cruise tour with Celebrity. This has been the longest wait, so we are more then ready. This is our first time to Alaska!

Arriving in Anchorage on May 11 for fun and driving around on our own for a few days (a stop at Moose's Tooth for pizza after we get the rental car then on to the lovely Hotel Alyeska for three nights, 26 Glaciers Cruise, Wildlife Center, and whatever else takes our fancy), then back to Anchorage for the night and a scenic train ride to Seward the next day, for a May 15 southbound. I cannot wait, I need my Alaska fix!

Hey, AKman, are you guys ready for all of us? How many visitors come to Alaska every summer?

We're never ready for tourist season:D Actually, the tour providers and shop are looking forward to it...

We should be getting closet to 1.5 million people this year. Cruise ships alone brought up over 968,000 last year and this year is supposed to be better.

Fish & Game is warning people that the bears are up and out again. The sea gulls are coming back and we are having beautiful weather.

Can't complain.

Enjoy your trip up here and have fun.

We're never ready for tourist season:D Actually, the tour providers and shop are looking forward to it...

We should be getting closet to 1.5 million people this year. Cruise ships alone brought up over 968,000 last year and this year is supposed to be better.

Fish & Game is warning people that the bears are up and out again. The sea gulls are coming back and we are having beautiful weather.

Can't complain.

Enjoy your trip up here and have fun.

31 days for me!!! The bears are up and out.....is there a chance to rent a car and drive a ways to see bear? I'm on the Inside Passage cruise coming up. We have all our excursions booked, but there is a lot of extra time in Skagway..

Can't wait to start reading everyone's trip reports, what they did and where they went!!

This is our first trip to Alaska - 81 days until we leave Australia for Anchorage, 91 days until our Southern Glaciers Cruise and 98 days until our Northern Glaciers Cruise! All of our plans are in place and we can't wait!!!

31 days for me!!! The bears are up and out.....is there a chance to rent a car and drive a ways to see bear? I'm on the Inside Passage cruise coming up. We have all our excursions booked, but there is a lot of extra time in Skagway..

We sure hope so! We rented a Green Jeep in Skagway to drive up through the Yukon to Emerald Lake! Hope to see some wildlife along the way!:cool: It'll be a nice drive for the 4 of us, going at our own pace!!;) They provide you with a map, a recorded guide, a snack, and bottled water for the road!! Perfect! :D

Mentally, I am so ready! Physically, not so much. I leave in three weeks and haven't brought out the suitcases, haven't gathered much stuff to ensure it gets packed, and - GASP! haven't updated my spreadsheet with all the plans!

It's a shame work gets in the way of my vacation!!!

First trip up there in mid-July!! Even made lunch reservations at the Glacier Brewhouse!!:p:cool:

119 days for us! So excited...we also rented a Green Jeep in Skagway. All our plans are in place and we're just waiting and waiting! I have to resist the urge to start packing! :D