cabin E724

sonnenschein

What ship?

Star Princess, we have always booked on the starboard side and loved these covered balcony mini suit cabins on E deck. Friends of ours new to cruising will travel with us to Mexico this November on the Star but they want a mini on the Port side. Right now they are looking at Dolphin deck since they heard that there might be noise from the Vista lounge disturbing their sleep in an Emerald mini. They are seniors and I don't believe they will get good use out of a sundrenched hot cabin balcony on D deck. I need to hear from cruisers who have booked a cabin above the Vista lounge to show my friends if changing from D deck to E deck would be right for them. To all posters thank you for your advise.

Star Princess, we have always booked on the starboard side and loved these covered balcony mini suit cabins on E deck. Friends of ours new to cruising will travel with us to Mexico this November on the Star but they want a mini on the Port side. Right now they are looking at Dolphin deck since they heard that there might be noise from the Vista lounge disturbing their sleep in an Emerald mini. They are seniors and I don't believe they will get good use out of a sundrenched hot cabin balcony on D deck. I need to hear from cruisers who have booked a cabin above the Vista lounge to show my friends if changing from D deck to E deck would be right for them. To all posters thank you for your advise.

We just sailed in an Emerald mini, not over the lounge but near on the Sapphire last month.

We have been in several over the lounge and never had an issue other then a slight bass sound. Not enough to cause an issue. I would take a covered Emerald mini and a little noise over a Dolphin deck mini anytime.

You will hear noise starting at 9am-zumba unless you are very hard of hearing. We heard music recently as late as midnight and very loud, you could hear the words to the music.

Wouldn't book if wanted to sleep in, nap or go to bed early-otherwise great room. We did try to turn the tv up very loud and our neighbors did the same, didn't help any of us. Ear plugs did not help much for the late evening show.

Good luck with your decision, Seadeck2

I agree with the previous poster. We have stayed in E710 (O/V) on the Golden and could hear noise from the Vista Lounge there. As the cabin you are looking at is more over the top of the Vista Lounge, I would say you would hear it louder.