Shopping in GT?

Bluewake

We are looking at a summer cruise which stops in Grand Turk/Caicos. We aren't beach folks...it's okay for a while but we tend to last only a couple of hours. We are wondering about shops, etc. I've read about Margaritaville, Jacks and the Flowrider but what else is at the port? Are there any shops or stores? We probably will want to grab a taxi or use the tram to get a tour of the island. Any suggestions on one over the other? Thanks much!

All the usual touristy places.

http://www.grandturkcc.com/

Or you could venture out into the town. Not much there, but I can't lay around and bake all day or sit around at a bar and drink myself into a stupor, so I'm always looking for other options. I'm not a shopper either, though.

One of the rare ship excursions I'll do is the Horseback Ride and Swim. It's at the far tip of the island, so you get a semi-island tour on the way there and back. And riding the horses in the surf is great fun!

The last time we were on Grand Turk we went on a "Catamaran sail and snorkel". We had a blast.....along with some wonderful rum punch. We left the catamaran and went to all the little shops right there at the port. There's plenty to do. Don't worry.

We are looking at a summer cruise which stops in Grand Turk/Caicos. We aren't beach folks...it's okay for a while but we tend to last only a couple of hours. We are wondering about shops, etc. I've read about Margaritaville, Jacks and the Flowrider but what else is at the port? Are there any shops or stores? We probably will want to grab a taxi or use the tram to get a tour of the island. Any suggestions on one over the other? Thanks much!
n

the last two times i was in GT there were shops in the port area and also some crafts people from Fl selling jewelry that was very nice- seaglass and other gemstones - its worth the walk around but it isn't alot of shops or vendors like other ports

• 1 month later...
All the usual touristy places.

http://www.grandturkcc.com/

Or you could venture out into the town. Not much there, but I can't lay around and bake all day or sit around at a bar and drink myself into a stupor, so I'm always looking for other options. I'm not a shopper either, though.

One of the rare ship excursions I'll do is the Horseback Ride and Swim. It's at the far tip of the island, so you get a semi-island tour on the way there and back. And riding the horses in the surf is great fun!

- I checked out this map and I find out to be quite helpful. I know my husband and I are not really swimmers, but will enjoy the beach. Is the only way into Cockborn via taxi? I would love to go into the town area just to see it. I noticed that there will be another cruise ship arriving the same time ours will be in September so I think I might try to avoid some crowds if all possible.

Thanks,

My family has done the Island Tram tour twice and enjoyed it both times. They do stop for shopping "downtown" before heading to the lighthouse.