Uniworld China

Riverroad

Can anyone direct me to a review of Uniworld's China trip? I searched the reviews in the Members Reviews section and also tried searching this board but couldn't find anything. If you've done China with Uniworld I'd love to hear from you.

Please don't tell me how great your Viking China trip was as we are planning to go with friends who love Uniworld. Thanks for your help.

There are some bits of old, positive reactions on the Asia Port of Call board, e.g., at this link, but these aren't detailed at all

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1858534&highlight=uniworld

Four years ago, when I started my research for a trip to China in May 2011, I looked into both Uniworld and Viking, as both had itineraries that interested my spouse and me. We'd never done a river cruise before, and we had totally open minds about which company to pick. I got the brochures from both, and read what I could here and elsewhere (not that much to be found about Uniworld in China).

I don't use a travel agent and so I called both companies directly to ask the many questions anyone would have about a major trip like this. The person with whom I spoke at Uniworld was a dolt, could not really answer my questions or explain their trips, nor did she give me any confidence that I wanted to be halfway around the world with this company. I let several days or more pass and called again and spoke with someone else, who seemed equally clueless.

I've read so many raves on here about Uniworld as a river cruise company; how are folks booking their trips? TAs?

Good luck with your research, and have a wonderful trip!

(I will follow your admonition and not tell you how great our trip to China with Viking was. ;) )

Edited by Turtles06

I am going to China with Uniworld in September. There are a few older reviews on Trip Advisor. Uniworld receives very good reviews on the other itineraries so that alone says a lot about the company. I also like what I've read about how this company handled the river water levels in Europe last year.

I am going to China with Uniworld in September. There are a few older reviews on Trip Advisor. Uniworld receives very good reviews on the other itineraries so that alone says a lot about the company. I also like what I've read about how this company handled the river water levels in Europe last year.

I hope you'll write a review on your return. We are also from the NY area. What are your flight arrangements?

• 2 months later...
I hope you'll write a review on your return. We are also from the NY area. What are your flight arrangements?

Sorry for getting back to you late;I forgot to book mark this thread :o

We booked our own travel with FF miles American. To Chicago then direct to Beijing.

Edited by didicruiser

If you go to page 2 there is a thread entitled Uniworld and Grand China ~ with 5 posts. Perhaps some of your questions will be answered there. Winn43 said they would be doing a complete posting on the trip, but haven't yet. I believe she leaves a phone number, one can call to get more info direct. I'm thinking of doing so.

Good Luck, I still have a lot of unanswered questions also!