Carnival Cruise New Cruiser

4U2C

Thank you very much for the kind welcomes

How do the Roll Calls work?

You just find your sailing date and talk to others who are sailing that date as well. A lot of times they set up a meet and greet onboard to get to see everyone face to face. Sometimes people go in on excursions together through outside companies. Its fun to share in the excitement with people from your sailing:)

Hi Everyone,

A friend of ours suggest this website forum for us.. We are booking our 1st cruise Jan 31 2015 on the Carnival Breeze.

Welcome to the Carnival board! Be sure to read member reviews of the Breeze. You can pick up a lot of info from those. Don't be concerned if you see an occasional negative comment. Every ship has pros and cons, and it seems there are a few people who dislike everything. ;-)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=609

Here is your roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1990321

Thank very much. I will join the roll.

Love the reviews on this ship, looks like a great time for everyone. We are going with our family of 4 children from 16 to 8. What got me interested in the Breeze was there seems to be lot of the children and adults to do.

As for the negative comments I am sure there is bound to be a few strong opinions of what is to some standards and not to others.

I can tell you it will beat being on and Air Craft Carrier any day:D

Thank you everyone.. it is my duty and honor to serve with my fellow soldiers on 4 tours before finally retiring.

Saw some fantastic places and met some great people but am really enjoying retirement..

I pray for my fellow soldiers still in harms way.

I can think of worse things I could be addicted to.

I do like the idea of trying a large ship vs a smaller one, I found being on destroyers it took some time to get my sea legs.

How is the food on the cruise lines? We drank filtered sea water ( desalinated) on the ships, What is the water like on board? Are there any must eats on the Carnival ships? Is my military full dress uniform ok for the dining room?

What is a meet and greet?

Thank you everyone.. it is my duty and honor to serve with my fellow soldiers on 4 tours before finally retiring.

Saw some fantastic places and met some great people but am really enjoying retirement..

I pray for my fellow soldiers still in harms way.

I can think of worse things I could be addicted to.

I do like the idea of trying a large ship vs a smaller one, I found being on destroyers it took some time to get my sea legs.

How is the food on the cruise lines? We drank filtered sea water ( desalinated) on the ships, What is the water like on board? Are there any must eats on the Carnival ships? Is my military full dress uniform ok for the dining room?

What is a meet and greet?

I will answer one question. ABSOLUTELY your full military dress uniform is great for the dining room. Wear it with pride! Enjoy your first Carnival Cruise!

Edited by Fitzget

Meet and greet is just an informal gathering usually set up by one of the roll call members. For example, on my last cruise we set up a m&g by the forward lido bar, starboard side and we wore Mari gras beads to identify other cc role call members. It is fun to put faces to screen names

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Roll call is a great place to talk with people going on the same cruise. You kick around questions, keep each other up to date on changes to anything, help each other decide on excursions and just generally support each other. It is really fun to finally meet on board.

Also check out You Tube videos of your ship and ports. That's fun!

Destination boards can help answer questions about ports.

My husband is retired Navy too. He is my navigator on the ship. I can never tell which way is forward or aft. He says the food is a lot better on a cruise too. LOL! Welcome to cruisin' without having to work!

welcome indeed! On these boards you will find so much information. If you neeed anything, just ask... someone will know the answer!! I reccomend that you read some of the former reviews of your ship/itinerary, written by other members. I have always found that useful and informative.

Again, welcome !

Wow thanks everyone. Sounds like Aimee was right about this place be a great place to start learning about cruising.

Lin and I I sure appreciate your kindness and experience.

Thx

Michael

Welcome to cruise critic. This site contains a wealth of information related to cruises, and all the planning involved in pre/post travel, life onboard, clothing, kids, dining, etc. Sit back and get ready for the ride. This site is addictive, and you'll find yourself reading the posts and thread all times of the day and night. Welcome again!!!