Carnival Liberty Balcony Question

jmediii

Ok, so I know "only I know what works best for me..." yada yada yada.

That aside, I am currently booked in a balcony 8C on the Liberty. I have the opportunity to get almost $400 OBC if I switch to the current sale but I have to give up my room and let Carnival choose for me, still a balcony though.

I don't see a lot of downside here but I've never let them pick for me before and I've never been on the Liberty so what would y'all do?

Thanks,

We did gamble on Liberty last Sept and let them pick to save money. We were very pleased. Had 8th deck near aft.

If it were me, I'd gamble again and take the $400.

We would actually be letting them pick again this time but for this cruise we're traveling with DD's and got another balcony room beside so we can open balcony doors.

I really like to control my booking and choose where I am, but with $400 obc I would bring earplugs with me incase I get I get a cabin over somewhere noisy and let them place me! $400 is a lot of obc and a whole heck of a lot of drinks!!! I couldn't turn that down! You're still in a balcony...

The worse that could happen is a noisier room, or a little more walking to where you go the most. I would take the $400. Not moving is still a gamble, but with no payout. You never know how noisy your neighbors may be. You'd be taking a sure $400 vs the gamble on a possible noisy room either way.

• 3 months later...
We are looking at March 2015 and need connecting balcony rooms. This ship is filling up quickly, so the only good options seem to be 8427/8429; 8433/8437 or 7427/7431 all of which are aft. Were you happy with your aft cabin?

Those aft cabins are some of my favorites. Easy trek to Lido for morning coffee etc. Little traffic since only a few cabins are back there.