Jewel of the Seas Review – 3/29/14 – 4/12/13

This is my first attempt at a review and I chose our B2B cruise. As you read thru this revew you will find that the content gets a little thinner as the days go by. I hope you enjoy.

We left the house at 4:00 am for a 6:00 am flight to San Juan, Puerto Rico. It was an uneventful flight with a stop in Dallas. We arrived in San Juan on time and then checked into Hotel – Best Western in Condado at about 7:00 pm. The room was OK. I had heard that this hotel could be noisy but we did not find it noisy. After we got settled an early night – next morning we went down for our hotel breakfast which was quite good.

We then on 3/28/14 went outside and got a cab to El Morrow. This is a great place to go, lots to see and great views. We purchased the duo ticket for $5 each to go to El Morrow and Cristabal. After we were done sightseeing El Morrow there was a trolley car waiting outside the fort, so we hopped on board and it dropped us off right outside Cristabal. This fort was not as impressive as El Morrow, lots of old items but many more pictures displayed in museum style rather than actual artifacts that were in El Morrow. Still a nice visit and the price is more than reasonable.

After our visit to the forts we headed for Old San Juan, we walked all the way down Fortaliza Street, we were looking for Barranchina’s Restaurant but at first we did not find anything. We stopped in one of the stores and asked. We were close, just another two blocks. We found the restaurant and went inside; we were seated quickly and looked at the menu. I chose the Mofongo and my DH chose a chicken/rice dish. The Mofongo was interesting, tasty but not sure I would order it again. We had a lot of left over’s so we had it boxed up and decided since we had a microwave in our room we could eat it up for dinner.

We went back to our hotel and there is a Walgreen’s right across the street so we purchased my two bottles of overpriced wine to take on board. We relaxed the rest of the afternoon and evening.

Next morning 3/29/14, we had our hotel breakfast. Went back to the room and got our bags back in order. We stepped outside the hotel and there was a taxi waiting for a customer.

Day 1 – Week 1/San Juan - Boarding

At about 10:30 am we headed to our ship. We got to this ship quickly about 10:45 and they were not checking bags yet, so we got in the short line and waited. We were not in line long when one of the baggage crew looked at our baggage tags and took us out of line and took our bags from us even though the main baggage check in was not yet open. We were then told to start a new line for boarders with no baggage. We were told that they would start checking in passengers at about 11:30 am. When they opened the doors we were one of the first to be scanned – we went straight to the check in desk and we were checked in within a few minutes. I then went to the duty free shop to purchase another two bottles of overpriced wine. We had already gone thru the scanner process, there was no place else to be checked so we carried on 4 bottles of wine. Don’t think we went outside of their guidelines, we carried on 2 bottles of wine for each week, we were b2b cruisers.

Of course the rooms were not open till 1:00 pm so we did what everyone else does, we went to the windjammer for lunch – we were not really hungry so we really had a nice snack. After lunch we walked around the ship for a bit, took some pictures and waited for our room to be open. It opened up right on time. We had a standard E1 balcony room, small but adequate for cruising. We went out on the balcony and surveyed San Juan. After a little rest we went back out and surveyed more of the ship – the Centrum is something else; it goes up all the way to the 12th floor, impressive. We hung around the pool area for awhile looking for CC roll call members; we found a few people at the Sky Bar so we visited for a little bit, going back to the room at about 4:00 pm to find our luggage had already been delivered. We spent some time unpacking and getting squared away for our two weeks on board the beautiful Jewel OTS. We got ready for dinner at 6:00 pm and went to the dining room. There we met two other couples, so there were 6 of us at a table for 10. I ordered a bottle of wine, however they could not find my wine package – the head waiter brought me a glass of merlot while he researched my package. He came back a little while later and said he had found it and put the appropriate sticker on my sea pass card, all was well but dinner was almost over so I said I will get a wine tomorrow, all was well.

8:00 pm was muster drill, so after dinner we headed to our muster station. As usual some people did not arrive. Everyone that arrived then had to stand and wait and wait for them to decide to come to the muster drill. We were a little late leaving San Juan because of the lack of courtesy and attention of some cruisers.

After the muster was complete we went to the pool deck for sail away. We hung around for awhile then before we knew it, it was time for the show, we went to the Theatre. Carly B. was our Cruise Director and we had sailed on the Mariner with her 18 months ago. Tonight was the welcome aboard show with the comedy of Ed Regine. He was quite funny in places but not great. Ed really enjoyed his comedy because it was mostly about New York people.

Day 2 – St. Thomas

We have been to St. Thomas several times before so we opted just to have an enjoyable breakfast then go shopping at the pier. There are very nice shops at the pier in St. Thomas. I purchased my grand-daughters graduation gift of a Pandora bracelet with a graduation cap charm. From there we went over to Senor Frogs and had a drink – Margarita’s. We met a cute girl and we always ask “how did you get to live here”. She said she just decided she wanted live in the Caribbean so she packed everything up, shipped it to St. Thomas. Risky but she seemed to be doing OK.

After our shopping trip and drink we went back on board the Jewel and guess what, it was time for lunch – neither of us was very hungry so once again it became a nice snack. I realized at this point that I had misplaced my very new sea pass card with my new wine package sticker on it. So a trip to Customer Relations fixed it by giving me a new card but they could not replace the wine package sticker, I would have to wait until dinner time to get that replaced. We hung around the ship the rest of the day spending some time before dinner in our cabin. I had a glass of wine on the balcony. Very relaxing. We went to dinner at 6:00 pm (formal night) and were greeted by our waiter Lee and asst. waiter Romeo. Our head waiter Ben was always at the door to greet us so I told him that I had new sea pass card and would need another wine package sticker, he took care of it right away so I ordered my wine for dinner. Now on our table for 10 we have 4 couples, Becky/Brad, Carol/Fred, Karen/Vinny, and us, great table mates. There would be two places at our table that would remain unoccupied.

We had a great dinner with good conversation, after dinner we went to the Captains Welcome Aboard party, drank champagne then we went to the production show, it was OK. From there we went to watch the Battle of the Sexes in the Safari Club. The Safari Club is where most of the events happened. Not a very early night but we had a great day.

Day 3 – St. Croix

We had a leisurely breakfast at the Windjammer, took a walk around the ship on deck 12 dodging serious walkers as we went (we stroll). After our stroll it was back to the cabin to finish getting ready for our day in St. Croix. We had no plans except to find LA Bar and Grill for a Dirty Banana. After we got off the ship we found the Bar went inside had a chat with who we thought was the owner then told him we would back in a little while. Shopping isn’t really good in St. Croix at the port area but we browsed all the shops and talked with the store keepers. Close to lunchtime we went back for our Dirty Banana. This was a place and drink we had on our last cruise on Adventure of the Seas. We were having our drink when a couple from the ship stopped by and joined us, we had a nice visit.

There is a small fort at the pier area that has been turned into a museum, we thought about going in then changed our mind and just walked around the outside, then went back to the ship for a Windjammer lunch. We like to stroll deck 12 and see what’s happening around the pool, after our walk we went back to the cabin to relax for a while. Today was a Veteran’s get together at 4:00 pm in the schooner bar so we wandered over there and ordered a drink. Only two other veteran’s arrived – turned out they had served in California around the same area during their military time so we chatted for a bit. Then two ladies arrived – one was a Dr. and the other a psychiatry nurse for the VA in Washington DC. They joined in the conversation, we left about 5:00 pm to get ready for dinner.

After dinner we went to the Headliner Show in the Theatre, tonight was comedy and magic of Nick Lewin, he was pretty good. We were planning on staying up to go to the adult comedy show but it wasn’t looking good. We did stop by the 50’s and 60’s rock and roll party in the Centrum, then off to bed for us.

Day 4 – Antigua

This was a big day for us, we had pre-purchased a 10:15 am tour to swim with the stingrays. I still wasn’t sure I would make it into the water. So we started the day with a nice breakfast in the Windjammer, our usual stroll around deck 12, then back to the cabin to get ready for our swim with the stingray. We took a bag with swimming suits and towels obtained from the pool deck. Now we went to meet our coach to take us to Stingray City. It was a nice ride and we saw some of the countryside as we drove – once we got to Stingray City it was a bit disorganized, no real direction were to go how long you had to change, so we did what we thought we should do, we went to put on our swim suits. We then were finally told to go to a specific boat and board. Once the boat was full we were taken out to an area that was a large boat dock. The boat tied up and we were allowed to exit the boat and were directed into the water via boat steps at the end of the dock. The stingrays were already coming and I was very surprised at how big they were. I got into the water and was startled that they came right up to you. We were ushered into a line of waiting people to have their photos taken holding the stingray. I really enjoyed this tour, in fact I would say it was truly the best tour I have ever been on, once I settled down. Once the stingray had their fill of the squid like fish they were being fed, they left almost as quickly as they came but the water there was beautifully clear and warm so swimming, wading in the water was perfect.

It must have been about 2:00 pm when we got back to the ship, so a snack in the windjammer was all we wanted. After a snack for lunch we went back to the cabin and relaxed the rest of the afternoon, showered and got ready for dinner.

Tonight’s dinner was “white night”. There was only one show this evening and it was Soul Funktion, one guy and two girls, not really very good but we stayed and watched till the end. Later this evening was the Love and Marriage game. Very funny game show and Carly B. did an excellent job of asking the questions and responding with jokes at their answer. Once the Love and Marriage game was over we went back to the cabin, time for some sleep.

Day 5 – Martinique

From what I had read about Martinique I was not too excited about this stop so we had booked a tour of the island, our tour was at 9:25 am so once again we enjoyed breakfast at the Windjammer and a walk around deck 12.

Language on Martinique was French and the currency is Euro, neither of which we had any experience with so the tour seemed the best thing to do. We met our tour at the end of the pier, we had a very nice lady as our tour guide, very knowledgeable about the area and how it had evolved over the years. We went to St. Pierre, this is a town where the volcano erupted and killed 30,000 residents of the town. One person survived a prisoner who was in an underground jail cell. All the people were poisoned by the gases from the volcano but because he was underground he survived. There was a small museum in the town and most of the town had been rebuilt. From here we were taken to a rum distillery with rum tasting afterwards, then onto the replica of Montmartre Church in Paris, I was told it was not to scale and the size of the real Montmartre was much larger than this replica.

Tonight was formal night for dinner but no lobster – we had rack of lamb and after dinner it was the Captain’s Welcome Back Party – nice champagne. After the Captain’s Party there was a Production Show in the Theatre so we watched the show. There was another party with snacks on the pool deck with music but you had to buy your own drinks at this one. We did go up to the pool deck to take a look but did not stay too long; it didn’t start till 11:00 pm. So it was a late night for us. After a couple of snacks we were done and back to the cabin for us.

Day 6 – St. Lucia

Today we went on another tour of St. Lucia. We had our usual breakfast and walk on deck 12, then onto out tour. It was a nice tour of the island which included yet another rum distillery. Once we got back into town just a little shopping around the pier then back on board for our lunch snack. We stayed around the ship the rest of the afternoon.

Tonight was lobster night but not formal - the lobster was especially good along with the company and we were fast drawing near to the end of this 1st weeks cruise. As usual it was going by too fast. Tonight’s entertainment was John Joseph and Johnny B, quite entertaining duo of music and comedy. We saw John Joseph around the ship for the next few days both of them were New York/NJ boys. After the show we went for a drink in the Centrum were there was live music and waited for 10:45 pm when it would be time to go to the Safari Club for the Quest. If you have never seen the quest you should go once, very funny sort of game show. After the quest, time for bed.

Day 7 – at sea

No rush today, no tours, so we just went for breakfast and spend a longer time today walking deck 12.

We went to the Captain’s Corner were the cruisers could ask questions of the Captain, this is where we learned that he was going off the ship the next day and we would be getting a new Captain. No real news about anything major coming up. After this we went to the pool deck and relaxed, then onto lunch.

After lunch we watch the sexiest man competition poolside then went back to the cabin and took a nap – we went to the Centrum for a Trivia Game were Carly B. was giving away a bucket of key chains for right answers, after which we walked around the ship’s shops then went to get ready for our last dinner with our dinner table mates. We all said goodbye, however one of the couples was on a B2B also but they had split us up on different dinner tables for the next week but we said we would see them around the ship next week.

At 7:45 we went to the schooner bar for Country Music Trivia, we did not participate but had a good time listening and watching. Then went to the Safari Club for the majority rules game, after the evening shows we went back to the cabin. In the hallway were lots and lots of suitcases waiting to be picked up for their departure tomorrow. Awe.

All in all we had a great week aboard Jewel of the Seas, we got to get to know some really great people, visited with our friend Shaun who is a waiter on board, saw some really nice islands, swam with stingray, shopped, ate and drank, enjoyed our cabin. Could not have asked for anything better, she is a great ship.

Observations: Jewel of the Seas is a great ship, we never felt overcrowded although I do understand the ship was full. We did not have any issues getting seating in Windjammer or the Theatre, the only place we had issues getting seating was in the Centrum but you could be up a floor near Latitudes and the Champagne Bar and have seating to watch what was going on below.

During our night cruising it was not unusual to just drift, the islands are so close to each other that they turned off the engines and we drifted until early morning then went into port at the allotted time.

Day 1 – 2nd Week/San Juan

Today is what they call turnaround day – most of last week’s passengers get off the ship and a new group of cruisers get on. We had a new table assignment and lots of new people to meet. I think everyone was in the Windjammer for breakfast this morning, if I had it to do over again I would use the dining room, we were in no rush, we weren’t getting off. After breakfast we decided to go relax on the balcony and watch the people leave until it was time for our group of B2B passengers to meet in the Theatre. At 10:00 am, right on time, we were ushered off the ship using our old sea pass card to record our exit, we were met at the bottom of the stairs by an immigration officer who eye balled our passports and we immediately got back on the ship, using our new sea pass cards.

If you wanted to go into town you were given an “in transit” card which allowed you to leave the ship when you wanted to and bypass all the immigration lines and leave the ship. You used the card again to bypass all the new passenger lines upon your return. We decided not to leave the ship and so we went around the ship and watched all the new passengers come aboard until it was time to go to lunch. There was a private lunch provided for B2B travelers in the main dining room, it was an OK menu but nothing special however they did serve wine with our lunch now that was special. After lunch we wandered around the ship taking some pictures while it was kind of empty. We got an outside table by the pool and watched as people boarded.

It was really a very relaxing day, there were things going on around the ship but we did not go to any of them, instead choose to relax by the pool and on our balcony. We went to the sky bar at 3:00 pm and met Step-monster and Debbie

who we had sailed with on Adventure last year with our Crazy Caribbean Cruisers group. Then we went back to our balcony.

We went to dinner to meet our new table mates. It already felt different, not bad, just different. Two of our table mates had decided to surprise the rest of their group since they did not know they had booked the cruise. So our table was a group, some family, some friends. They did an excellent job of making these two outsiders welcome, but we did feel out of place. We like the dining room so we did go almost every evening and the awkwardness did go away as the week passed.

After dinner was the muster, again we waited and waited for all the late comers. There should be a penalty for being late or having the crew find you. After muster we went up to the pool deck to once again watch as we sailed away from San Juan. It was a really quiet day for us, no tours. After the sail away we went to have a night cap in the Centrum and then went off to an early night for us.

Day 2 – 2nd week – Tortola

We stuck to our routine on the 2nd week, went to the Windjammer for breakfast, then walked deck 12 for a little bit. Then we went to our cabin to get ready for our tour. It was a late start for a tour it started at 1:00 pm and was the Tortola Highlights Drive. We were on a safari style truck, it was comfortable and everyone had a great view. Tortola is a British Virgin Island so I was hoping to see some British stuff however I was disappointed. We were driven around the island, through the rain forest area, stopped at a really nice beach called Cane Garden Beach, however it was a bit overcrowded. There was a beach bar and grill and some shopping market style opportunities. Talked to people sunbathing and enjoying the beach and came across a man and woman from of all places Tucson. They were on the Jewel but we had not ran into them on board.

It was formal night and we did not feel like getting ready for a formal dinner so we choose the Windjammer. It was an OK dinner and we thought we would go to the Captain’s welcome aboard party in the Safari Club. We got there and we are in casual shorts and remember it is formal night so everyone was dressed up. We felt we were not dressed properly for the event so we left and did not attend.

We had seen the production show last week so we opted for a drink in the Centrum a walk around the top deck and a drink on the balcony. The vibe this week seemed very different, can’t really explain it, maybe we were settled in and not in an excitable “I am on a cruise” mood.

Day 3 – 2nd week – St Maarten

We followed our usual morning ritual, breakfast in the Windjammer and a walk around the deck. We also were in no hurry this morning since we had not booked any tours. We had decided that we wanted to go to Maho Beach this morning and we would just get a cab and go whenever we were ready. So about 9:30 am we got off the ship and went to the taxi stand. The taxi was OK although I was a little concerned when we were driving in what appeared to be the seamier side of St. Maarten, however we arrived at Maho Beach safely.

There were no planes due for a little bit so we settled in sitting on the wall between the beach and the road which was just at the edge of the runway. We were not there long when another couple arrived and we struck up a conversation. They were not on the cruise they had rented a condo for a week on St. Maarten and were driving all over the island to see the sights. We watched a couple of planes come in and a small prop. take off, very interesting just how close these planes are. So when it was time to go they offered us a ride back to the shopping area. So off we went and did a little shopping together then went to the Hard Rock Café for lunch. After lunch we said our good-bye’s and thank you and we took the water taxi back to our ship.

We joined our table mates for dinner then went to the Captain’s Welcome Back party, this time it was a casual affair and we met up with an Irish couple whose paths we had crossed from time to time also doing a B2B. After the champagne party we went to the Theatre to see John Joseph and Johnny B. Although we had seem them the week before we thought the show would be a bit different because he had a tendency to pick on different people in the audience and he did. We stopped by the 50’s/60’s party for a little bit before heading off to bed.

Day 4 – 2nd week – St Kitts

Again, breakfast in the Windjammer, a walk around deck 12 to start our day. We had booked a tour today since we had not been on St. Kitts before. We chose “The Essential St. Kitts Tour” going to Romney Gardens, Caribelle Batik at Romney Manor and the highlight of the tour was a visit to Brimstone Hill Fortress. It was a very nice tour even though we are not garden people. St. Kitts is supposed to have lots of monkey’s however we only saw one monkey, chained and sitting on its owners shoulder.

We did not go to the show, it was the same artist as last week and one we had not liked, Soul Funktion. Instead we went to the Trivia game in the Schooner Bar and had a drink, then we went to the 60 minutes or less game show in the Safari Club. After the game show we went to the Theatre for our favorite weekly show, the love and marriage game. At 10:30 pm it was dancing under the stars at the pool with snacks, we did not go this week, so an early night for us.

Day 5 – 2nd week – Dominica

We start our day in the usual manner, breakfast then our walk around the decks. We have booked a short excursion today on a choo-choo train around the town it is called City Highlights by Trolley. Our tour would drive around town and visit a local church that is under reconstruction, the botanical garden and the last stop will be a waterfront bar for some complimentary punch. It is a 90 minute narrated tour which left at 8:30/10:30 and 2:30. We took the 10:30 am trolley so that we could have our breakfast and be back in time for lunch.

After lunch I went to one of the spa seminars, this one was about walking in comfort. Didn’t quite know what to expect but I was the only there, that should tell you something. They were selling shoe inserts to make walking better. They told me to keep them until tomorrow to see how I liked them. I did keep them but I really was not going to buy a $200 shoe insert on the ship.

Tonight was formal night again, but the unusual thing was again no Lobster, it was rack of lamb which was really three small lamb chops. They were fine and quite tasty and the table servers Lee/Romeo had given our current table servers a heads up about mint sauce and it was indeed ready. After dinner was another party, this time the top tier party which was for platinum and above in the Safari Club. We sat with our Irish friends and had a few drinks of champagne. There show tonight was the Broadway Show which again we saw last week so we choose not to go. We went to the trivia game at 8:00 pm – 80’s music then off to bed.

Dominica was the friendliest island I have ever been to. Not too much tourist stuff but the people would stop what they were doing as the little yellow train went by to wave at us all. The school children playing in the school yard also stopped playing to give us all a big wave, very very friendly, loved it.

Day 6 – 2nd week – Barbados

Usual routine, breakfast walk around deck, we had a longer walk today because our tour wasn’t until 12:30 pm. We choose Best of Barbados for our tour today so we went shopping at the pier before we joined our tour. After shopping we took our purchases back to the ship, had a snack for lunch then went on our tour.

The highlights were Gun Hill Signal Station, quite interesting and great views. It was a former military post during WW II. Then we went to St. John’s Parish Church, amazing old church, then onto the Flower Forest. Our tour guide for the flower forest was useless. The brochure says you get a history and medicinal use of some of the many plants. The tour guide as far as I could tell never said a word to anyone, as I said earlier we are not botanical/flower garden people but it was a different experience for us.

I was supposed to take the shoe inserts back today and the guy said he would be there in the afternoon. Our tour got back to the ship and we were boarding at 4:20 pm so we went to the room, picked up the shoe inserts and headed off to the Spa. Of course he was not there and the staff went looking for him. So I gave back the inserts then went off to get ready for dinner – mmm Lobster tonight.

Tonight was a new artist in the Theatre, it was El Gaucho, comedy and music, he was quite good. After the show we walked around the ship for a little bit, went to the shops. We had done both the 70’s party and “The Quest” last week so we decided to go have a drink on the balcony and relax.

Day 7 – 2nd week – at Sea

Today was going to a rest and relax day – it was a little bit choppy but our ship cut thru the waves very nicely, it was a smooth ride even with 3 – 5 ft. waves. We had breakfast today with a couple from our table mates from week 1 – we had a great breakfast, we also said goodbye to them and also Shaun. The next morning we would have to leave and didn’t know if our paths would cross again. After breakfast we went for our walk.

There was some things going on this morning so we went to the towel folding demonstration then to Captain’s Corner. This is where we learned our Captain was a very new Captain. He was promoted in November 13 and the Jewel was his first command. We hung around the Centrum till lunch time so Windjammer here we come. After lunch we watched the Sexiest Man Contest, again a very funny show. We went back to the cabin and it wasn’t long before we were taking a nap.

Once up from our nap we decided it was time to get some luggage going, we didn’t want to miss anything going on this evening. So dressed in their recommended dinner suggestion we went off to dinner. Tonight was a lamb shank but I decided I would have something else and settled for a shrimp dish. After dinner we said goodbye to our table mates, took a few pictures and went to the Theatre. Tonight it was a new headliner the comedy of Steve Shaffer, he was OK, very funny in places. So now it was time to go back to the cabin and pack seriously. We got everything packed, suitcases outside and travel clothes laid out for our departure tomorrow so off to bed for the last time on board Jewel of the Seas.

Last Morning

Getting off the ship was a breeze. We had breakfast, said goodbye to Shaun and went to our meeting place in the Theatre. Our bags were in the warehouse, we collected them and took them to a truck that was waiting outside after we got the Bacardi Factory Tour to waste a bit of time before our flight home at 2:45 pm. It was a nice tour and well worth the $33 p.p. since it dropped us off at the airport were we picked up our luggage and went thru the agricultural check/check-in. Once that was done we were on our way home. A great cruise has come to an end and so has this review. Have a great cruise if you have one planned.

Great review. A btb must have been terrific Did you happen to keep the compasses. Wondering if the show times are much different as we haven't cruised out of sj for a while now. Thanks

Edited by maggieq

Great review. A btb must have been terrific Did you happen to keep the compasses. Wondering if the show times are much different as we haven't cruised out of sj for a while now. Thanks

I do have the compasses

1st night - one show 10:30 pm - Welcome Aboard

2nd night - two shows - 9:00 pm and 10:45 - Production Show RCI singers/dancers

3rd night - two shows - 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm - headliner show

4th night - one show - 7:45 pm - different headliner + 10:00 pm Love and marriage game

5th night - two shows - 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm - Production show RCI singers /dancers

6th night - two shows - 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm - headliner show

7th night - one show - 7:45 pm - Farewell Variety Show - comedy

Hope this helps, if I can answer any other questions let me know. :D

I do have the compasses

1st night - one show 10:30 pm - Welcome Aboard

2nd night - two shows - 9:00 pm and 10:45 - Production Show RCI singers/dancers

3rd night - two shows - 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm - headliner show

4th night - one show - 7:45 pm - different headliner + 10:00 pm Love and marriage game

5th night - two shows - 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm - Production show RCI singers /dancers

6th night - two shows - 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm - headliner show

7th night - one show - 7:45 pm - Farewell Variety Show - comedy

Hope this helps, if I can answer any other questions let me know. :D

Yes, it does thanks so much. The muster drill I think you mentioned is 8pm?

Thank you for the review. We will be leaving on the Jewel one week from today for our back to back. It was so nice to see what you experience. I was surprised to see that lobster is not served on the second formal night. That might change our plans for specialty Dining! I do have a question. Did you receive your new sea pass cards for the new cruise the day before or the day of turn around?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Great review, we did this B2B from 15-29th so were getting off as you got on. We had a great time too but seems like a distant memory now. :D

Sunny AZ Girl, we got our new seapass and transit card delivered to our cabin on the last day of the first week.

cmhighto, Lobster was served, but as here it was the day aftr the second formal night, first time I have experienced this.

Thank you for the review. We will be leaving on the Jewel one week from today for our back to back. It was so nice to see what you experience. I was surprised to see that lobster is not served on the second formal night. That might change our plans for specialty Dining! I do have a question. Did you receive your new sea pass cards for the new cruise the day before or the day of turn around?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

The new sea pass cards were delivered to our stateroom the day before turnaround, so they were delivered on the sea day afternoon. I also was surprised that Lobster was not served on the 2nd formal night, however the lobster was excellent and we enjoyed it. Enjoy your back to back. :D

Thanks for this great review! We were on board with you during your first week, and it's quite possible we crossed paths both in St Croix and in Martinique. In St Croix, we had lunch at a little bar, "LA ... " something, where a group of folks sitting outside recommended Dirty Banana drinks to us as we walked in. And the tour we took in Martinique hit the same places ... were you on a bus? On the day at sea, I was tickled pink to win a key-chain by guessing "The Dick Van Dyke Show" tune :) Good times!

Sue D

Thanks for this great review! We were on board with you during your first week, and it's quite possible we crossed paths both in St Croix and in Martinique. In St Croix, we had lunch at a little bar, "LA ... " something, where a group of folks sitting outside recommended Dirty Banana drinks to us as we walked in. And the tour we took in Martinique hit the same places ... were you on a bus? On the day at sea, I was tickled pink to win a key-chain by guessing "The Dick Van Dyke Show" tune :) Good times!

Sue D

We would have been the couple recommmending the Dirty Banana outside of the LA Cafe - we were sitting there having one, we had done it about the same time last year with another group we were with when sailing on Adventure and yes we were on a bus in martinique. We didn't even get close to winning a key chain didn't know any of the answers but Carly gave us key chain at the end for anyone that didn't win one, but don't know if that was the first week or the second week. Nice to hear from you. :D

We would have been the couple recommmending the Dirty Banana outside of the LA Cafe - we were sitting there having one\

Then I think I have a picture of you :) Not sure how to share it though. We were entertained by the whole craziness created by the guy who parked his truck with the boat-trailer attached and blocking the street with it. Cars squeezing through, taxis honking and finally the police showing up to get the guy to move it lol.

Are you on Facebook? I have a photo trip report there.

Then I think I have a picture of you :) Not sure how to share it though. We were entertained by the whole craziness created by the guy who parked his truck with the boat-trailer attached and blocking the street with it. Cars squeezing through, taxis honking and finally the police showing up to get the guy to move it lol.

Are you on Facebook? I have a photo trip report there.

Yes, I am on facebook, how do I find your photo trip report, would love to see it. :D