Items left in safe

mariners

If anyone knows people who recently sailed on the Millennium in cabin 6044 who have stated that they left items in the safe, our grandchildren found them. There were two sets of cufflinks which can be easily identified by their owner. We turned them in to Guest Services today and were told that they would be forwarded to Miami. Please contact the Miami Lost and Found office. It might take some time for them to reach Miami as we disembarked in Shanghai.

I took photographs of the items and would happily help, if I can, them be returned to their owner. I am certain that at least one of the sets has sentimental value (plus real value) to their owner.

Edited by mariners

OP: that was very kind of you and your family. Now, when the folks who left these items behind contact Celebrity (assuming they do), Celebrity should be able to return the items to them. In fact, since Celebrity knows who occupied the cabin before your family did, Celebrity should reach out to those folks and ask if they left anything behind. (That's my view of an ideal world. :) ) If they correctly identify the items, they can be returned.

That's how it should work out; let's hope it does. You helped make it possible.

OP: that was very kind of you and your family. Now, when the folks who left these items behind contact Celebrity (assuming they do), Celebrity should be able to return the items to them. In fact, since Celebrity knows who occupied the cabin before your family did, Celebrity should reach out to those folks and ask if they left anything behind. (That's my view of an ideal world. :) ) If they correctly identify the items, they can be returned.

That's how it should work out; let's hope it does. You helped make it possible.

I also think celebrity should contact the occupies of that cabin as it may be some time before they realise they are missing their items

My husband left his car keys and a agenda in our room on one of our cruises. When we got home and couldn't get in the house (we traveled with friends and they dropped us off at home), I was blamed that I lost them. Within a couple days the cruise line called and shipped us his things (we had to give a credit card for the shipping charges). So, hopefully the rightful owners will be contacted and get their items back.

I just came back from a business trip this week, and Delta called me about three hours after I got home asking if I left my glasses behind, because they found some eye glasses in the seat pocket where I was seated. You would think if Delta can call you about something like that and they have a manifest to find you, that the cruise line could and should do the same. I hope they find the owners and OP it was very nice of you to turn them in and post, trying to find the rightful owners. Honest/nice people do still exists, hats off to you and your family. :)