splendor

usmc3027

The easiest thing would be take a car service into Manhattan.

Other then that yes you will want to take the Airtrain to Jamaica Long Island Rail Road Station (its the last stop from JFK) and then take any train heading into Manhattan from there. Then you need to take a short cab ride from Penn Station to the Cruiseport

My wife and I are cruising on the Splendor May 12th and are flying into JFK. From my research, I found it was about the same price for a cab as for the Carnival shuttle so we decided to do that. The shuttle will be $60 for both of us, and the cab fare listed was about $65 I believe. I figured just take the shuttle and not worry about anything.

you could also take the E Train into manhattan, but its a crappy line and i wouldnt suggest it.

Your post makes no sense , you suggest to take the E train but its a crappy line so why suggest it??? Besides the E train doesnt come from JFK the A train does.

Your post makes no sense , you suggest to take the E train but its a crappy line so why suggest it??? Besides the E train doesnt come from JFK the A train does.

I stand corrected, it is indeed the A, not the E - the A/C/E are all the blue line in Manhattan, with only the A and C in Queens.

I merely was giving options as ways to get into Manhattan and then my opinion was not to do that one.

I also have an opinion on snarky posts like yours.....but I think we will leave that for another day.

Actually the E train does service JFK and goes to Manhattan. I take it whenever I fly into JFK. It does go through Queens. I use it over the A train because I get off at Lexington and 3rd for my hotel.

The Airtrain takes you to the E and A trains. Make sure you board the correct Airtrain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP, welcome to CC and post #1 here - you are planning to fly BOS to JFK for a cruise out of NYC's Manhattan Cruise Terminal / Pier ? Doing JetBlue (B6) on the day of your cruise ? If so, see my personal comment at the bottom ...

For air travelers using JFK, most preferred using the AirTrain to Jamaica Station, where there is transfer option for the LIRR to NY Penn Station & onward to hotel or Cruise Terminal; or, transfer to E subway train with more stops to other stops in Manhattan - including 34th Street/Penn Station & NY Port Authority Bus Terminal at 42nd. Street (that's 8 blocks closer to the Cruise Terminal/Pier 88-90 at 48th Street & 12th Avenue, some considered "walking" distance with light luggage or backpacks)

AirTrain & LIRR is more but there's Off-Peak fare, and slightly faster by 10 minutes on the train segments to Manhattan, if it's running as scheduled.

AirTrain & E subway from Jamaica is inexpensive, more stops & slower by 15 minutes or less, but not fun with heavy luggage & steps/stairs - but a backup if there are delays on LIRR trains (or, running less frequent on weekend schedule)

AirTrain to Howard Beach Station is on the opposite direction of the same airport loop, connecting to the A subway to Manhattan goes thru Brooklyn with stops, and slower than E subway by another 10 to 15 minutes (thus, slower than LIRR train to NY Penn Station by 20 to 25+ minutes)

The PANYNJ website outlined the options & choices/costs - so does the MTA.info website, be sure to check it just before your travel date/time for any upcoming and last minute service changes (interruptions & schedule adjustments, i.e. shuttle bus services between stations = trouble) to avoid surprises.

From Boston to NYC - there are many options and numerous discussions, pro's & con's - highly recommended reading/research here - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

On BOS-JFK: JetBlue has its share of ongoing airline hub issues with flight delays and cancellations due to weather, please make sure that you have backup plans, travel insurance as in the event of a delay/cancelled flight, you coul miss the ship. Consider taking Amtrak and/or MegaBus to NYC, then a short taxi ride to the pier - it's likely to cost less and a "safer" & more reliable option, unless you are using miles on B6 or using another regional carrier (which are typically flown on small "commuter" jet that are prone to delays & cancellations) Driving to NYC from BOS is about/under 4 hours - going to Logan Airport, security & check-in and flying time is easily 3 to 3.5 hours plus another 90 minutes to 2 hours from JFK to the pier after the flight landed - that's easily 6 hours. Bottomline - IMO, look at your options again.

Good luck & enjoy your cruise.